jsx peavey

carlocki

Oct 12, 2011
tomorrow i will try one.
any suggestion to understand if it sound good? is uesd one for 750 euro is that price good?
which i can see if tubes are ok?

which setting to test it?
which pedal to put on front to test it?

use metal settings :Smokedev:
never used the amp tho, i do own a triple xxx, might be abit similar, this amp should sound good at its own, no need for distortionpedals, maybe a boost orso

The JSX is a pretty versatile amp and you should be able to dial in a decent tone fairly quickly. You shouldn't need to put a pedal in front of it, it sounds quite good on it's own.

750 Euros may be a bit much, though. Try to negotiate the price down if you can.

The JSX is the best amp i've got and the best amp i've tried period. Superb cleans, the second channel has more mids, a bit more 6505'ish but without ugly treble. The third channel has some more gain and is a bit more scooped. You don't really need a maxon od808 boost, this is a tight sucker. But if you want a bit thicker lowmids then of course the 808 will do the trick.

You can check out my Start a fire mix on my website, its JSX on the rythm.

tried!
it has been retube with EL34 so:
Cleans for my ears equal to my jcm 900 but with a better eq. at my home volume no big effect from resonance and presence
Crunch love it, power without loosing anything. good for soloing too. a lot of shapes changing the eq. at my home volume not big deal adding fat switch
ultra, good for soloing do not find it particular brutal for death or core metal

i want to negotiate it to 600 euros and buy it

front has some little signs on the front and need a big polish refinising

tubes are as i said the El34

The JSX is the best amp i've got and the best amp i've tried period. Superb cleans, the second channel has more mids, a bit more 6505'ish but without ugly treble. The third channel has some more gain and is a bit more scooped. You don't really need a maxon od808 boost, this is a tight sucker. But if you want a bit thicker lowmids then of course the 808 will do the trick.

You can check out my Start a fire mix on my website, its JSX on the rythm.

strat a Fire is a great mix
did you hear Black tide last album post mortem? is seems to be enterely mad with jsx...(maybe)