Judas Or Maiden?

Last post: December 14th, 2002, 07:20 PM

Necro'ed yesterday with "hehe"

I'll let you to figure out why.

edit: and yea priest is pale in comparison to maiden

Neither group makes me want to go out and buy its albums. As a fan of classic rock, and Black Sabbath, I never really understood how either of them were supposed to have followed in Sabbath's footsteps. They both sound much too European (to my American ears) and much too "metal" in the cheesy, fantasy-laden, overly white, playing-Dungeons-and-Dragons-in-Mom's-basement way. I suppose I just need to listen to them enough to fully appreciate their music. I respect the bass playing in Iron Maiden, though, from what I haver heard (only the popular stuff), I enjoy Judas Priest more. I would like to thoroughly experience both bands before passing final judgment on them, so could someone please recommend an album from each band that may enlighten me? I know Mikael loves "Sad Wings of Destiny" and I believe I heard a ballad from that one (didn't a kid commit suicide because of it?) that sounded quite beautiful.

Kids committed suicide to many popular 1980s metal bands because that's what the media and idiots like Tipper Gore wanted to blame it on.
I don't know how people like Tipper Gore actually gain enough influence to make people believe the type of bullshit they like to spout, makes me sick.

Last post: December 14th, 2002, 07:20 PM

Necro'ed yesterday with "hehe"

I'll let you to figure out why.

I don't see why. I searched the net for stuff that happened yesterday and might have to do with it. Jeff Healey died yesterday, but that doesn't have anything todo with Priest or Maiden or Metal at all. Maybe it's something in the number of days ...

On Topic:

Maiden!

I know most Maiden albums and I own Painkiller and British Steel. I like Priest definitely, but I prefer Maiden. Why? Maybe Halford's voice is just a little too high pitched for me. Dickinson isn't exactly low-key, but not that high. His voice is just great imo.

It's right what someone mentioned before that Maiden did not change much over the years. For me, it starts to get boring with/after the Seventh Son album. I tried out "A Matter of Life and Death" but it just doesn't click. They're close to being their own parody nowadays (but in this respect, they have not yet reached Metallica-level ;)). I even bought the X-Factor back then. That was a bit of a change at least, but Bayley was simply the wrong choice.

Now, Priest ... they're good but they just did not inspire me to buy more stuff. The song "Painkiller" is really great, one of my fave Metal songs. The rest of the album is good, but not that remarkable. Sometimes the songs are just too similar.

Maiden prolly wrote more good songs but Painkiller (song) is the incarnation of Heavy fukkin Metal. And Halfords voice is better bruce´s. It´s a tie.

None of them :)
I dont like that music. Iron maiden have fag vocals :p

agreed with someone who said; "its probabably you who have sexual indentification problem" Maiden is an awesome band same goes for judas and dont you dare neglect maiden because of the vocals, they are classical and epic. period.