Judas Or Maiden?

Both good, but Priest are miles better for me. "Sad wings of destiny" is an incredible and original metal album. Too many maiden songs sound the same to me, same "galloping" bass line, same chords.

Both good, but Priest are miles better for me. "Sad wings of destiny" is an incredible and original metal album. Too many maiden songs sound the same to me, same "galloping" bass line, same chords.

Same for me here. While I really love Maiden, there stuff has just worn out on me. The mighty Priest on the other hand have so much more facets to their music.

Same for me here. While I really love Maiden, there stuff has just worn out on me. The mighty Priest on the other hand have so much more facets to their music.

Exactly!!, if you want real brutal metal, forget "painkiller" great as that is, and listen to "dissident agressor" from "Sin after Sin"..even Slayers cover which was decent didn't come close to how heavy Priest got with that song!

Also, I don't think maiden have ever written a ballad as beautiful as "before the dawn"..

definitely maiden

speaking of Iron Maiden, i have 1 extra ticket for the NJ show on the 14th. it ain't close to the stage but you'll be there! send a pm if you're interested

Maiden recycles their riffs too much, especially the one in Hallowed be thy name. I like both but I like Priest better, their new album should be fantastic compared to Maidens newest somewhat dissapointing latest.

Maiden, for the simple fact that I honestly never got into Priest other than the "Painkiller" album. I enjoy all of Maiden's albums, even X-Factor and Virtual XI (which were great albums imo, just not what Maiden usually outputted - for the fact that Blaze was a darker singer than Bruce, thus the material got darker as well.)

Early Priest...Sad Wings of Destiny changed it all.
Maiden with Dianno is a close second.
Priest has some cheesy shit in their catalog for sure...but I'm just not a Maiden fan...maybe I'm not a Dickinson fan actually...except Powerslave.