Judas Priest faithfull

I too met Rob Halford at the Priest/Anthrax show last year. He was awesome! I got to have a photo taken with him and also one with their drummer Scott Travis, plus autographs.

I have to mention something derogatory about Anthrax on that evening (get over it Brentney Spears, this is the U.S.A.). A buddy and I saw the show, which was awesome. Afterwards, we met Halford out in the parking lot, then waited for over four hours in the freezing cold outside of Anthrax's tour bus to try to meet them. We were the only two in that whole damn place that waited to meet them. Unfortunately, they chose to stay on their tour bus watching the Discovery Channel (we could see them watching this on their bus). They couldn't take one minute out of their television watching time to meet two long-time fans. We waited, spoke with the road crew, and tried everything, but they just ignored us. Now, how could "The Metal God" greet us with such appreciation, while Anthrax simply ignored us?

I have been an Anthrax fan since the mid 80's, have seen many shows, but was so disappointed with the fact that they didn't give a fuck about their fans. I still love their music, but many friends and I have boycotted their recent shows in my area for this reason.

Anthrax, if you're reading this, remember: we're the reason why you guys are not flipping burgers somewhere. Take care of your fans, or they may go away!

jdelpi said:
*cough*stalkers*cough*
jdelpi, nice quote. I've met and had beers with some of the industry's largest musicians by simply waiting for them near their tour bus. You would be surprised at how many bands appreciate their fans and how few do not. Perhaps this is why Anthrax can't get on Ozzfest? If you've ever been to one, you would recognize that most of the bands spend time greeting fans at the autograph tent.

Well, jdelpi, if your mom lets you stay out long enough, you should try to meet some of your idols too.

jns said:
I too met Rob Halford at the Priest/Anthrax show last year. He was awesome! I got to have a photo taken with him and also one with their drummer Scott Travis, plus autographs.

I have to mention something derogatory about Anthrax on that evening (get over it Brentney Spears, this is the U.S.A.). A buddy and I saw the show, which was awesome. Afterwards, we met Halford out in the parking lot, then waited for over four hours in the freezing cold outside of Anthrax's tour bus to try to meet them. We were the only two in that whole damn place that waited to meet them. Unfortunately, they chose to stay on their tour bus watching the Discovery Channel (we could see them watching this on their bus). They couldn't take one minute out of their television watching time to meet two long-time fans. We waited, spoke with the road crew, and tried everything, but they just ignored us. Now, how could "The Metal God" greet us with such appreciation, while Anthrax simply ignored us?

I have been an Anthrax fan since the mid 80's, have seen many shows, but was so disappointed with the fact that they didn't give a fuck about their fans. I still love their music, but many friends and I have boycotted their recent shows in my area for this reason.

Anthrax, if you're reading this, remember: we're the reason why you guys are not flipping burgers somewhere. Take care of your fans, or they may go away!

Pretty sorry if you ignore them for that reason, they are not obliged to meet you right? I never quite got that stuff.....If the musicians come into the hall after the show I might speak to them, really cool, sometimes not. But I definately not gonna wait for hours outisde for them to come out...

The thing that concerns me is that the band were watching the Discovery channel. Not fucking groupies or have a wild party. Watching documentaries.

ROCK AND ROLL!!

Seriously, it's pretty shit they couldn't be arsed to talk to you.

jns said:
jdelpi, nice quote. I've met and had beers with some of the industry's largest musicians by simply waiting for them near their tour bus. You would be surprised at how many bands appreciate their fans and how few do not. Perhaps this is why Anthrax can't get on Ozzfest? If you've ever been to one, you would recognize that most of the bands spend time greeting fans at the autograph tent.

Well, jdelpi, if your mom lets you stay out long enough, you should try to meet some of your idols too.

Oh wow.

I've met plenty of bands. I met In Flames tonight at a SCHEDULED meet & greet. I've known Anthrax personally for many years. (Though I don't represent them.)
I don't see why a band has to appreciate their fans by spending every waking hour with them. Did you ever think after, say, two and a half hours, that maybe it was time to move on? I met Jeff, Kerry and Tom from Slayer by waiting by their bus. Dave didn't come out, and it was dissapointing. But I certainly didn't wait four hours outside the bus in freezing rain to try to meet him. Nor did I go to the Slayer board and cry about it. (Yeah, I know, three out of four ain't bad, but the point remains, these people have their own lives to live. You pay for a concert and nothing more.)
I'm pretty sure meet & greets have NOTHING to do with Anthrax getting on Ozzfest. It probably has to do more with Sharon still being pissed about Anthrax outselling Ozzy in merchandise back in '88. (the supposed reason they were booted from that tour)

And that's just SO funny, AND ORIGINAL, to bring up my mother. For the record, my idols are generally Nobel Prize winners, and I don't think I'll ever meet them. Also, for the record, Paul Crook said my mom is hot.

spacebeer said:
Pretty sorry if you ignore them for that reason, they are not obliged to meet you right? I never quite got that stuff.....If the musicians come into the hall after the show I might speak to them, really cool, sometimes not. But I definately not gonna wait for hours outisde for them to come out...

Finally we agree on something!

Hey jdelpi,

Great reply. I respect that!

That's awesome that you met Slayer, even without Dave.

Regarding Anthrax, they only played a 45 minute set before Priest then they were out of there. They were only on the second night of their tour. You would think that they would be energized and ready to go. I've seen Anthrax many times, but each time I've seen them, they have avoided their fans. It's sad, you can meet most of the large bands (Van Halen, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden) and they're happy to see you, but unfortunately, other guys just punch their time cards and call it a day. You have to admit, if you saw Dave Lombardo watching the Discovery Channel on his bus while you were just waiting to meet him, you be a little irritated too.

No disrespect to your mama!

Talk to you later. By the way, Jimmie Walker is my idol!

I've been with the band when they watched Friends. Now that's offensive. Scott rules at Jeopardy.

What is this that I'm the board police? More like Bored Police. I know I flip the bitch switch go nuclear option every once in a while for seemingly no reason but we let 99% of the shit go. Ripping on the band is quite different from personal attacks and fuckin' whoring the board up with reunion bashing and turning the NFMB into a blog for whiners and assorted pillow biters.

Meeting your musical idols is great. Being in Anthrax's shoes and opening for one, I am sure, would be on the TOP list next to first orgasm or first BJ (getting one of course).
I have not really met alot of my idols, but seeing them live and getting a hand shake in the front row, a pick, a nod, a smile, is cool enough. Scott gave me the horns when I saw them last, good enough for me. I met Dino from Fear Factory, but he wasnt very cool at all. I was probably the 1900th person he had seen between the bus and the snack shack that wanted to say "HEY" but still. Bands do have lives (much to the fans dismay), and although fan appreciation is very cool, sometimes they have to uphold other plans. And Dave was too busy watching the Discovery channel? Maybe it was the episode on some form of Gorillas going extinct or something. The DC can be pretty entertaining.