New Scott Ian Interview Online

nafnikufesin said:
If a record company that you're not even on anymore offers to fund your official website as long as there is no mention of your most recent albums (including your supposed favorite), and no mention of (supposedly) current Anthrax members, wouldn't somebody with integrity tell this record company to fuck off? Explain to me again how this isn't selling out.

Maybe I was wrong about the CDC. Maybe everyone here should pony up a bit more money so the band can afford their own website, so then maybe they'll be able to say what they want, do what they want, and pick what members of the band they want in the band, instead of a record company doing it for them.

u have always been supercool but if u dont like what anthrax is doing then why waste your time talking about it,good luck finding another band that has as much passion for music as anthrax does!!!!,of course if island wanna fund anthrax then they should expect certain things,it aint selling out its just business,at the end of the day anthrax do wanna make the most out of what they do and i still believe there best music is yet to come,how many other bands interst u as much as anthrax?,why not enjoy the ride?who knows u may be suprised by there next record!

"Music's for you and me
Not the fucking industry
You fucking tell us what is cool
You see we came from different schools
To us it matters what you say
Not the fucking games you play
You're full of shit, it's plain to see
The whole damn fucking indrusty"

Cant beat a bit of Bio in the morning.
Seriously though it must be really frustrating being in a band nowadays with all the aparent politics and bullshit flying around record companies.

ThraxDude said:
I prefer buying the CD rather than MP3s. I like CDs cause I'm old-fashioned.

I don't disagree there, because there is something to say about having a nice package with artwork in your hands (though vinyl was always the ultimate in terms of artwork - CD booklets were always so scrunched down).

Patiently awaiting the good news.:kickass:

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I still can not understand how you can fuck a friend in the ass due to any contract or no contract at all.

When they first did the reunion tour, they mentioned Dimebag's death. I could see how something like that would make you want to bury the hatchet. I bet Phil wishes he could have before Dime died.

So the band makes nice nice with Joey. They do a reunion tour, relive some good times, not all a bad thing. I can understand it all.

But if they record with Joey, they are pretty much screwing John and I gotta wonder who has to die to before they do a reunion with him?

Jockthrax said:
"Music's for you and me
Not the fucking industry
You fucking tell us what is cool
You see we came from different schools
To us it matters what you say
Not the fucking games you play
You're full of shit, it's plain to see
The whole damn fucking indrusty"

Cant beat a bit of Bio in the morning.
Seriously though it must be really frustrating being in a band nowadays with all the aparent politics and bullshit flying around record companies.

I would guess so, however I can tell you being in an successfull band like mine rules! Nobody gives a rats ass what we do.

whitey131 said:
When they first did the reunion tour, they mentioned Dimebag's death. I could see how something like that would make you want to bury the hatchet. I bet Phil wishes he could have before Dime died.

This is completely off subject but I read in an online interview (I will try to find the link for yall, it was quite a while ago) that the whole Pantera thing and the break-up was all the metal media's fault. He had actually had back problems, had to wear a back brace and was heavily medicated, thats why he was acting the way he was. He said the medicine he was on greatly affected his attitude and demeanor. It wasnt "his fault." It was all the media for making Dime and Vinne belive he was into drugs again (like he ever quit!?) and that his medicated state was his true self.....

Riiiiiiggghhhhhtttttt.

On the current stae of Anthrax, I liked the interview, a nice "history lesson" of sorts. However, it sucks a band has to do what it has to do by contract. All I can say if it were me, contract be damned, I would not be able to be so tight lipped as they are. Constant bean spillage in every interview. I like how Scott mentioned he never said Bush and Rob were "out of the band." HHHHmmmmm. The plot thickens.

After reading the interview my well known hope that Bush will be back is still alive.
Imagine: Last show at a Summer-Festival:
Saint & Anthrax.
At the end of Anthrax' show, John Bush & Rob come on stage, give Joey & Dan a ticket home and play the whole Bush-Area-set.
5 months later the new cd comes out, titled:
"WELL, WE TOLD YOU, WE'VE COME FOUR YOU ALL, DIDN'T WE?"
icon_lol.gif

Man, I know I'm just having a vision, but who knows?

Some parts of the interview make me hope:
Scott:
"So far it's gone really well and we've reformed friendships, so at the end of the day, if nothing more comes out of it, at least I can say that we are all friends."
See? No plan for a new record I think.

Rockdetector.com: So as far as you are concerned, at this moment, John Bush and Rob Caggiano are still members of ANTHRAX?

Scott Ian: "Yes."

Well, he STILL says, JB&R are a part of Anthrax. WHY doesn't he say they're out? I guess because there WILL BE another JB-'thrax-CD.
And I don't know ANY other reason for repeating that all the time.

Rockdetector.com: Rob's other gripe was that both he and John Bush had been removed from the ANTHRAX website? What have you got to say about that?

Scott Ian: "He knows full well that Island Records paid for our new website. Well, Rob Caggiano and John Bush never existed on Island Records with ANTHRAX, so why are they going to spend money to promote all the Elektra records or the Sanctuary records? We were lucky enough to get the 'Sound Of White Noise' skin up on our website, so yes, John Bush is featured on there.

Companies, contracts & business! If they HAD to do the reunion, maybe they are free in summer and able to do a BUSH-RECORD!!!!
(that would explain why Nuclear Blast in Europe isn't really pushing the reunion)

I know, some may think it's just a fairy tale, but REMEMBER my words in July! (till then, PRAY!)
icon_twisted.gif

rob has no place in anthrax after his comments.he wouldnt say that shit if he truly loved the band and appreciated the past history.i used to feel a bit sorry for him but now i coudnt give a hoot

the_walking_dude said:
rob has no place in anthrax after his comments.he wouldnt say that shit if he truly loved the band and appreciated the past history.i used to feel a bit sorry for him but now i coudnt give a hoot

That's a pretty one sided view. My brothers do dumb shit all the time but the're still my brothers. It doesn't stop me from calling them morons.

the_walking_dude said:

Although i dont agree with all that Rob said I think he is just pissed off at the way the Reunion was handled (and dragged out). When Rob first joined he said that he was an Anthrax fan first and foremost. I think he is looking at the reunion from both a fans perspective and from a spurned bandmates. You cant blame the guy for being dissapointed about the situation as it stands at the moment. The guys 100% metal and i would wish him well whatever he ends up doing

I'd like the reunion to stay permanant so instead of 1 great band we can have 2 if armored saint gets back fully. As for rob well he's hurt but he should have gone to scott instead of venting his feelings in the media. You dont see john saying much so maybe rob should do the same.

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
I still can not understand how you can fuck a friend in the ass due to any contract or no contract at all.

Yeah but how far will you go? Would you not feed your family for the sake of a friend? Would you give up your biggest passion? I really dont think there was any malice involved. I think that if they could have had made everyone happy they would have. It just wasnt possible at that time. People were hurt, angered etc..... but thats life isnt it?

Last April fool's day they made a big announcement which was already all over the internet. Maybe this April fool's they're smarter about keeping things tightlipped for another big announcement. Just 17 more days, depending on whether or not you're in the CDC.

I think Rob has a place. WCFYA was more then a record, it was an era. And yes, he said some shit, but as it was already pointed out, Spitz said a lot of shit. People always say shit. I say shit about my friends and family, but I love them all to death. I only say things when I am angry. And I'm sure Rob was Angry.

Also, what was with Charlie and the whole "we will cometh for you once again" shit? I don't think that was ever really explained - althoug I guess I should not expect it to be at this rate.

Thrillho said:
Yeah I meant to say NICCOLO as in the guy who produced Stomp. I am just slightly a retard and more often then not, I can not type!

Well it's been over 10 years since I was there so I don't remember now who they were, but they were the only kids there so maybe...

I see you are in PA...the only reason I was able to go was I was a member of their fan club back then and lived in Philly so I was local to their studio (it was in Conshohocken)...that was a day I never will forget!!!

that's cool. I was once aquainted with the guys kids. I am a young bull, and his kids are my age. It's hard to believe I was that young when Stomp came out. They live right down the street from me.

ThraxEm said:
Yeah but how far will you go? Would you not feed your family for the sake of a friend? Would you give up your biggest passion? I really dont think there was any malice involved. I think that if they could have had made everyone happy they would have. It just wasnt possible at that time. People were hurt, angered etc..... but thats life isnt it?
*Applauds* I couldn't agree more!