New Scott Ian Interview Online

I think Scott likes people asking him crap so he can tell them it's none of their bussiness.

Like how they had to get rid of Joey the first time.

Insightful and rather candidly honest too.

I agree with him - somethings should remain behind closed doors.

Roll on the new album. :worship:

it seems to me that despite Scott thinking WCFYA is one of their best albums, the lack of commercial success with that album meant that another album with Rob / John was not commercially viable, either from a record label / promoter perspective, or from a Scott / Charlie perspective.

I just want to hear a new Anthrax album!

Man, he must be getting tired of these interviews. The same principal questions are being asked all the time - just let the guy be! If he said he was not ready to answer the question 10 times already, what makes you think he will now?

I cant wait for a new album but when i heard the sales volume for WHCFYA i thought it would be the end what record company would give them a chance after stomp,voulme 8 and WHCFYA sales? Im not saying there bad i really enjoy them except stomp but that my preference.

Maybe they have no choice but the reunion & have been forced into it. I just hope that the next album whoever sings does well because it would be a real shame to lose such a great band because of financial climates. I want to continue to see 1 of my favourite bands play live every year as they seem to do in glasgow :headbang:

I feel its such a shame for the band because they have given so much to music & don't really get much in return. Just look at metallica they rip their fans off in concert prices all the time and continue to put out dire music & it still sells. Anthrax put out a great album in WHCFYA except safe home wasnt an exactly great way 2 say anthrax is back, yes it is radio friendly but what doesnt die would off pulled more of the metal fans back & consider their fanbase in the uk hadnt seen them in around 10 years what are they supposed to think after hearing safe home?

Anthrax put out a great album in WHCFYA except safe home wasnt an exactly great way 2 say anthrax is back, yes it is radio friendly but what doesnt die would off pulled more of the metal fans back & consider their fanbase in the uk hadnt seen them in around 10 years what are they supposed to think after hearing safe home?[/quote]

I agree with most of what you say, except i think that Safe Home is a cool song (that Joey would be great on). It was radio friendly, which meant it perhaps had more of a chance of being heard to a wider audience.

I think the reunion bashers are totally blinkered to the financial / commercial reality of WCFYA 2, which i would have loved myself as much as any of them.

I'm just gratefull there is an Anthrax, and I'm now really looking forward to a 'Thrax album with Danny and Joey.

Thrillho said:
Man, he must be getting tired of these interviews. The same principal questions are being asked all the time - just let the guy be! If he said he was not ready to answer the question 10 times already, what makes you think he will now?

Would more questions about touring on old matieral for a year suit you better? Scott shouldn't do interviews if he doesn't like it. Scott and Charlie brought it on themselves completely and the interviewer is just like everyone else that wants to know what is going on with the band. If he doesn't want to be constantly asked those questions, then don't do interviews. It is simple as that.

Safe home is a decent song i like it most of the time but when you are a metal band with a thrash background & heavy metal background (with Bush) why bother it was their first material in 8 years to be released & if they had any hope of getting some old school fans back they failed. What doesnt die might of done that. All safe home did to my knowledge was get my little cousin liking them.

you know, if hes decided to stop doing interviews, it would kill a lot of publicity. If anything Scott is creating a hype by not answering those questions.

My point was, I think someone who is gonna interview Scott should do their homework. Read some past interviews, then start to shape your questions. A simple "Is there anything new you would like to say in regards to the reunion" would do. Scott can either say "no" or he can go into it if he wants. Then - ask some new fucking questions! That interview was the same interview I have been reading for the past year.

Rise said:
I feel its such a shame for the band because they have given so much to music & don't really get much in return. Just look at metallica they rip their fans off in concert prices all the time and continue to put out dire music & it still sells. QUOTE]

I am not sure why I am defending this band (again) but I felt the urge to do it. Concert prices are what they are for said band because of liability/insurance, cost of renting the place for the night, electricity, paying the roadies, water, clean-up, and fines (going past curfew). I dont like it either, but it is a reality. I am sure if any other metal band could sell out a 20,000 seat arena, thier prices would be as such too. As for the music of 'tallica, well, ya got me on that one.

I am not sure why I am defending this band (again) but I felt the urge to do it. Concert prices are what they are for said band because of liability/insurance, cost of renting the place for the night, electricity, paying the roadies, water, clean-up, and fines (going past curfew). I dont like it either, but it is a reality. I am sure if any other metal band could sell out a 20,000 seat arena, thier prices would be as such too. As for the music of 'tallica, well, ya got me on that one.[/QUOTE]

Bon Jovi are playing over here and tickets are 40 for hampden park which is a stadium and metallica still charge more. Yes costs will go up if your playing larger venues sure but metallica earned around 37.4 million dollars in 2004/05 and you are trying to tell me they cudnt make the tickets a bit cheaper?

scottishthrax said:
I think the reunion bashers are totally blinkered to the financial / commercial reality of WCFYA 2, which i would have loved myself as much as any of them.
That may be, but that's none of our business, right? So that shouldn't even figure into it.

I guess John Bush, Joey Belladonna, Danny Spitz, and Rob Caggiano are just hired guns.

I like doing interviews. I wasn't pissed off at Bernard. I expected a tough intvw from him and I was laughing a lot. We've known each other since 84.

scottishthrax said:
it seems to me that despite Scott thinking WCFYA is one of their best albums, the lack of commercial success with that album meant that another album with Rob / John was not commercially viable, either from a record label / promoter perspective, or from a Scott / Charlie perspective.

It has nothing at all to do with commerical viability. It has to do with a record label that fucking blows ass and hasn't promoted an album since 2001.