New Scott Ian Interview Online

You really all think that a new album with Joey and Dan could sell 10 time more than a new with John and Rob?? I dont think so. It's not the line-up fault if the band dont sell the same amount of album these days!

Matt Bello said:
You really all think that a new album with Joey and Dan could sell 10 time more than a new with John and Rob?? I dont think so. It's not the line-up fault if the band dont sell the same amount of album these days!

true gone are days of selling decent amounts & joey nor john can do much to help

BTW: Scott´s line about personal things going on in the band, that fans don´t to know about it makes me think about this:
Well maybe it´s better when you read that some member of some band left the band "due to a personal/music differences", and the reality is much worse. BUT most of the bands (for example my beloved Megadeth and Dave Mustaine comes to my mind recently) also tell you that the member is OFFICIALLY OUT and everybody can move on! No stuff like "guys are still a part of our family", but you actually know nothing if they´re officially out or not...

vojdan said:
BTW: Scott´s line about personal things going on in the band, that fans don´t to know about it makes me think about this:
Well maybe it´s better when you read that some member of some band left the band "due to a personal/music differences", and the reality is much worse. BUT most of the bands (for example my beloved Megadeth and Dave Mustaine comes to my mind recently) also tell you that the member is OFFICIALLY OUT and everybody can move on! No stuff like "guys are still a part of our family", but you actually know nothing if they´re officially out or not...

It doesnt make any difference. I used to be all bent and hang on every little detail, pick it to death and all of that. Be upset! Be Happy! Be whatever turns you on. At the end of the day all that you or I need to know is that there still is an Anthrax. I for one am glad that there has been no definate answer to all of this rather than having been fed a line like "personal differences" or "on to a slolo project". The Anthrax camp might be being vauge but at least we arent being lied to. I kind of like the idea of the mystery. Remember back in the day? Waiting a 2-3 years for the next release from a band. Only finding out any changes when the album was out etc...... That was fun. People were more passionate about THE MUSIC instead of wasting valuable time on THE BULLSHIT... I am as guilty as anyone for falling into the trap but I chewed my fuckin leg off and got out of it. Look at all these bands today......... go ahead..... pick one that has been nearly as much fun as Anthrax for the last TWENTY FUCKING YEARS! For me there is no other.

ThraxEm said:
People were more passionate about THE MUSIC instead of wasting valuable time on THE BULLSHIT...
Yes, well, the Anthrax music made by the Anthrax I love (as the chemistry of individuals is vital to making music) appears to be dead and gone.

poker_fan_in_nyc said:
Well it's been over 10 years since I was there so I don't remember now who they were, but they were the only kids there so maybe...

I see you are in PA...the only reason I was able to go was I was a member of their fan club back then and lived in Philly so I was local to their studio (it was in Conshohocken)...that was a day I never will forget!!!

I went to a wedding in Conshohocken two years ago. The whole time I kept thinking to myself "the birthplace of Stomp 442!!". lovely occasion.

Drokk said:
Yes, well, the Anthrax music made by the Anthrax I love (as the chemistry of individuals is vital to making music) appears to be dead and gone.

I feel your pain Bro I do. I am way more into the Bush stuff at this point in my life. But if there is no more Bushthrax releases we will always have the recordings they made. They are no less important to me in fact they are that much more important because there may be no more. Cherish what you have my man. It makes life so much richer. IF there is a Joey release I am sure it will rock socks. If John records more with them in the future I will be first in line. Its all Anthrax and its all good!

AlexStomp said:
I went to a wedding in Conshohocken two years ago. The whole time I kept thinking to myself "the birthplace of Stomp 442!!". lovely occasion.

LOL...Conshohocken is not really known for much more...When I got the call I assumed it would be somewhere in Philly...was shocked when I was told where their studio was...:headbang: