JUDAS PRIEST: 'Nostradamus' North American Release Date

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
So we get to see Iron Maiden on the 11th and get to hear the new Priest the week after, awesomeness. :headbang:

Greg Prato of Billboard.com reports that JUDAS PRIEST will finally unveil its 16th studio album, "Nostradamus", June 17 via Epic in North America and a day earlier internationally.

A double-disc set that tells the story of the 16th century prophet, Michel de Nostredame (whose name is often "Latinized" as Nostradamus), the release is PRIEST's first-ever concept album, and was recorded throughout 2006 and 2007 at Old Smithy Studio in the U.K.

"Making 'Nostradamus' was a new experience for us in JUDAS PRIEST, insomuch as this was going to be a conceptual writing and recording event," PRIEST singer Rob Halford tells Billboard.com. "His life is well-documented, so for us it was all about taking the significant episodes he went through, and then with the right emotion, create music and lyrics that would convey them."

Read more at Billboard.com.

"Nostradamus" track listing:

Dawn of Creation
"Prophecy"
Awakening
"Revelations"
The Four Horsemen
"War"
Sands of Time
"Pestilence And Plague"
"Death"
Peace
"Conquest"
"Lost Love"
"Persecution"
Solitude
"Exiled"
"Alone"
Shadows In the Flame
"Visions"
Hope
"New Beginnings"
Calm Before the Storm
"Nostradamus"
"Future Of Mankind"

I wasn't aware it was going to be a double disc.
That might not be too smart, depending on what the going retail price is going to be.

So many people don't buy CDs these days to begin with. Releasing a double disc, that most likely will retail for $19.99 or more, may adversely impact sales.

I wasn't aware it was going to be a double disc.
That might not be too smart, depending on what the going retail price is going to be.

So many people don't buy CDs these days to begin with. Releasing a double disc, that most likely will retail for $19.99 or more, may adversely impact sales.

Oh you know you're gonna buy it anyways. :rolleyes:

I really hope the song writing has turned around, they could barely write half of a good album last time around so I'm not entirely sure if trying to do a double disc is a great idea. The concept is interesting, I can't wait to hear it.

I agree.....the last disc was just OK. I would rather see a killer disc that 2 disc filled with some great songs and lots of filler. They ought to what Edguy does. release and EP of 5 songs that are not on the disc first. then put out the album. I am not that excited about the new one....I will pick it up just to see if it is good.

I agree.....the last disc was just OK. I would rather see a killer disc that 2 disc filled with some great songs and lots of filler. They ought to what Edguy does. release and EP of 5 songs that are not on the disc first. then put out the album. I am not that excited about the new one....I will pick it up just to see if it is good.

I agree with the Edguy comment. I LOVE that they do that. I know many other bands do EP's prior to their release as well, but it just seems like Edguy really has this practice down solid. Honestly, of my to 10 Edguy songs, I'd say at least 3 come from EPs.

Agree on the EP thing....
I think EDGUY's KING OF FOOLS EP might be their best release, esp the song HOLY WATER.

I just don't know how necessary it is for Priest to do a double album. Sounds like lots of potential and room for filler to make its way to the album.

The only flawless double studio album I can think of is Pink Floyd's THE WALL.

Agree on the EP thing....
I think EDGUY's KING OF FOOLS EP might be their best release, esp the song HOLY WATER.

I just don't know how necessary it is for Priest to do a double album. Sounds like lots of potential and room for filler to make its way to the album.

The only flawless double studio album I can think of is Pink Floyd's THE WALL.

Therion pull it off well too.

Totally. Did you see the acustic performance of "Worth Fighting for" on Vh1? I wish that version would be on cd (if it's not already).

I have acoustic versions of "Worth Fighting For" and "Diamonds and Rust" on mp3 if interested. Can't remember where they're from....maybe a radio appearance or something that I DL'd from.

Worth Fighting For is a great track.

Revolution was terrible.

I am one of the VERY few people who actually like LOCH NESS. I never understood the hatred. Has a memorable chorus, etc...

Good call. The word "flawless" fits in perfectly.

Physical Graffiti is also where it's at, even if there's no love for the Zep on this forum.

Well, I have never heard PG.
I will take your word for it, being a ZEP fan, that it is.

Speaking of ZEP, my wife wants to go to a show or two at RAVINIA. She really likes that venue. Robert Plant is playing there, so I might actually check it out. It's either that or Sheryl Crow, Hootie, or the Beach Boys!

Well, I have never heard PG.
I will take your word for it, being a ZEP fan, that it is.

Speaking of ZEP, my wife wants to go to a show or two at RAVINIA. She really likes that venue. Robert Plant is playing there, so I might actually check it out. It's either that or Sheryl Crow, Hootie, or the Beach Boys!

I'm sorry, did you say that you have never heard Physical Graffiti?

It is certainly not flawless, but it has some great songs.

I'm sorry, did you say that you have never heard Physical Graffiti?

It is certainly not flawless, but it has some great songs.

I am sure I have heard some of the tracks on it.
Aside from some of the hits from Led Zep 4, I doubt I could tell you what songs are from what albums.

I am sure there are PLENTLY of classic metal albums YOU have never heard as well...

Eeek, I can't say too many good things about Plant's voice anymore. I know that for most singers their voice changes over the years, but in Plant's case it's been rather radical. I remember reading that when they played their reunion last year they have to tune down their instruments just so Plant could at least be in key.
Still better than the beach boys though. :)