Judas Priest shall crush you

RushAss

His Lord High Stinkyness
Feb 24, 2004
New Jersey
www.celeritycomm.net
GO see them this tour if you can. Halford was unfuckingbelievable and the rest of the band was pretty damned good. My only complaint was the sound, and that probably varies from venue to venue. Queensryxhe was pretty damned good as well. Much better than when I saw them last in 2000.

I thought Ryche rocked when I saw them in 2003 (or was it 2004?). I saw them 3 times that tour.

I've always wanted to see Priest with Halford. I should go check them out.

Have you heard their newest album? It was cool for a few listens. Kind of old school JP meets Painkiller complete with cheesy lyrics. :D

Actually, I was just pulling in at home when you posted JayDub! Hershey is only an hour away so it is fairly convenient (MUCH closer than Nissan Pavillion).

HOLY SHIT!!!!! They were both awesome! Of course I enjoy QR's music much more, but Priest still know how to rock and put on a great show. Even though they are definitely looking older these days. Before I even get into the show details, let it be said that in doesn't get much better than front row, center!!! Oooohhhh BABY!!!! And for QR we prety much had the entire front row to ourselves so we weren't even crowded in. It was almost like having a private QR show!!

This was the show that would make me decide on whether to ever go through trouble to see QR again, and I'm happy to say that Tate didn't disappoint this time! He took a few shortcuts here and there (more like you'd expect) but he was rock solid the rest of the night and was nailing shit like I haven't heard him do in a long while! I didn't write a set list, but as for newer stuff, they only played Empire, Open, and a new song (America?) which actually sounded really good -- the rest was from OM on back!!! And most of it was from Warning and Rage for Order. I think they only played Needle Lies and Revolution Calling from OM. They even played Queen of the Ryche which half-way through turned into half of Knightrider! Tate even hit NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! in Take Hold of the Flame!

The dual guitar work of Wilton and the new Michael was awesome, and the backing vocals were very good as well. QR was definitely on last night nanfd the sound was excellent as well!

Priest sounded great, not quite as crystal clear as QR, but Halford has still got it! That dude was fucking nailing all the screams and high notes! Tipton , although looking weathered and worn, was energetic and was solid as a rock! And for the record, Tipton blew away KK Downing!! KK's solos were uninspiring and his tone was harsh. Tipton was very tasty and his tone significantly better! They all put on a great show though and you quickly see why they have such a strong fan-base after 30 years of playing metal for the world. Oddly enough, at 36, this was only my second time seeing these guys live and the first was just last year at OzzFest!

They might be getting up there but as long as they are putting on shows the quality of last night, they can continue for as long as they want! Hell, it beats the hell out of sitting behind a desk to make a living!

Needless to say, Barb and I had a great time last night, much of which could be attributed to the excellent seats!!! Although you really couldn't call them seats -- we stood the whole time, as did pretty much everybody! Either way, if you get a chance go see this tour! I also recommend the Giant Center in Hershey, PA for any future shows as well! We saw TSO there this past December and that was also a great experience!

Oh yeah, here is a list of songs can remember for sure in order by album:

Queen of the Ryche/Nightrider

Enforce
N.M. 156
Take Hold

Walk in the Shadows
Surgical Strike
Neue Regel
Screaming in Digital (Tate played Keys and sang on this one and the Jackson sings some lines in the chorus)

Speak
Needle Lies

Empire

Nothing from Promised Land, Hear in the Now Frontier, or Q2Krap

Open (from Tribe)

America (?) from OM II.

Not a bad set list!

Cool! Glad you had a good time!

Missed your call on Friday, I went up to my dad's for Father's Day weekend.
ALMOST got into a fight with the local computer geek in town. I'll explain this
next time I talk to you. I went from 0 to agressive in like 1.6 seconds. :hotjump:

I won, that's all that mattered, and I didn't have to do any damage to his store! :D

I saw them both at Nissan and JP was much better than QR, especially when it came to stage presence. QR were mostly standing around (I've been guilty of that myself!) but JP moved a lot and you can tell they are real pros on stage. I must say, Rob was walking around real slow and at first made me wonder what was wrong with him. He walked like an old man, with baby steps.

His voice was killer though. I thought KK and Glenn were pretty evenly matched that night:headbang:

QR played very few of the older songs to the point that I didn't know most of their set. It was disappointing.

RandyEllefson said:
I saw them both at Nissan and JP was much better than QR, especially when it came to stage presence. QR were mostly standing around (I've been guilty of that myself!) but JP moved a lot and you can tell they are real pros on stage. I must say, Rob was walking around real slow and at first made me wonder what was wrong with him. He walked like an old man, with baby steps.

His voice was killer though. I thought KK and Glenn were pretty evenly matched that night:headbang:

QR played very few of the older songs to the point that I didn't know most of their set. It was disappointing.
Hey Randy!

Glad to see you have visited our forum (quite a bit from what I just saw).

Yes, QR was a bit more reserved than I remember seeing them back in the Empire tour, bu they were solid (other than Geoff taking every shortcut in the book). It is funny how different our experiences were though. As you can see from the setlist I posted, they prodominantly played older material! I was very happy about that.

And yes, Rob doesn't quite move so fast, but he still has a certain aura about him on stage and WHAT A VOICE! I personally thought that Glenn greatly outshined KK that night, but they were a great pair!