judas priest

Yeah. Get´em all. And don´t forget The Ripper era - Jugulator and Demolition kick ass and they are very underestimated. Angel of retribution is by me an average Priest record.

BUY THE FOLLOWING

defenders of the faith (their best)
stained class
hell bent for leather
painkiller
sad wings of destiney
british steel
sin after sin

STAY AWAY FROM THE FOLLOWING
turbo
ram it down
any records without rob halford

Priest is the only band I never saw live but wanted to.

At the least, I did see Rob Halford live when he in his band "Fight" opened for Anthrax on their "Sound of White Noise" tour, which was cool. He did "breaking the law" in his set.

Al Jourgensen of Ministry also did a walk-on during Anthrax's set.

jdelpi said:
I was waiting for someone to say this. It has four songs from Sad Wings of Destiny that are all heavier "live." (Very little of the album was recorded live, but it still rules.)
Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't listened to it in years.

DarbysDad said:
def, try Point of Entry or something else.

I don't think that album is a good place to start. It has its moments, but it's not really that classic heavy metal that made Priest huge. On a side note, I almost shat my pants when they played "Desert Plains" when I saw them last year with Anthrax opening.

jdelpi said:
On a side note, I almost shat my pants when they played "Desert Plains" when I saw them last year with Anthrax opening.
I love "Desert Plains", but I've never "shat my pants" over it!!!:lol:

for me the 70's priest is where its at.hell bent for leather,stained class,sad wings,sin after sin and rocka rolla all great stuff!