Sepultura

Have you heard the new CC album? It's fuckin insanely heavy and much better than the first one, IMO. Check it out if you haven't already, it's called Blunt Force Trauma. They're coming to Houston in like 2 weeks, can't wait! I hope to hear a good amount of old Sep songs.
Why would they play them? They don't want reunion cos they want to move forward instead of rehashing the past...at least that's what they've said.

Have a great gig though...

T:)

Have you heard the new CC album? It's fuckin insanely heavy and much better than the first one, IMO. Check it out if you haven't already, it's called Blunt Force Trauma. They're coming to Houston in like 2 weeks, can't wait! I hope to hear a good amount of old Sep songs.

Yes I have that CD as well. It's ok to me but feels a bit rushed and just doesn't do as much for me as the first one.

At the local dive bar we always put in this song which sounds heavy as fuck in the loud speaker system in there:

I have seen CC a few times. If you close your eyes you would never know you weren't at an old school sepultura show. They do play a lot of old Sepultura songs. The shows are awesome.

When I saw them on on the Inflikted tour they did Arise, Dead Embryonic Cells, Desperate Cry, Inner Self, Beneath The Remains, Orgasmatron, Troops of Doom, Refuse / Resist, Nomad, Roots, and Attitude. They also did Wasting away from Nailbomb. It was really fuckin bad ass. The crowd was huge and it was chaos in there. Just like seeing Sepultura back in the early 90's. They did a lot of Sepultura songs as it was the first tour that Igor did with Max since the Sepultura days.

I am sure now they don't play nearly as may sepultura songs. But i am sure they will still do a few

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they play them? They don't want reunion cos they want to move forward instead of rehashing the past...at least that's what they've said.

Have a great gig though...

T:)

I read Andreas Kisser say something along those lines in a recent interview. But after just coming out with Kairos, they're doing that tour in Europe where they're only playing shit from BTR, Arise, and Chaos A.D., so go figure.

Max has always played old Sepultura stuff, whether it was with Soulfly or CC. CC plays a lot more obviously because it's Max and Igor. It's not so much rehashing the past as it is playing live what he knows his fans want to hear. Plus, CC has only 2 albums so they need more songs to draw from for a complete live set. I consider Cavalera Conspiracy as close to a Sep reunion as it's gonna get and to me they're more like the real Sep than the one with Derrick Green. CC is easily better than anything Max has done since he left Sepultura, and better than anything Sepultura has done with Derrick Green, IMO of course.

Yes I have that CD as well. It's ok to me but feels a bit rushed and just doesn't do as much for me as the first one.

At the local dive bar we always put in this song which sounds heavy as fuck in the loud speaker system in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENB49pZpNZQ

I have seen CC a few times. If you close your eyes you would never know you weren't at an old school sepultura show. They do play a lot of old Sepultura songs. The shows are awesome.

When I saw them on on the Inflikted tour they did Arise, Dead Embryonic Cells, Desperate Cry, Inner Self, Beneath The Remains, Orgasmatron, Troops of Doom, Refuse / Resist, Nomad, Roots, and Attitude. They also did Wasting away from Nailbomb. It was really fuckin bad ass. The crowd was huge and it was chaos in there. Just like seeing Sepultura back in the early 90's. They did a lot of Sepultura songs as it was the first tour that Igor did with Max since the Sepultura days.

I am sure now they don't play nearly as may sepultura songs. But i am sure they will still do a few

It's rushed cuz it's supposed to be! Haha, but really I think that's what they're going for with CC, a more fast, hardcore punk influence (as well as harking back to the classic Sepultura stuff..)

Yeah with the 2nd album out now they don't play as many old Sep songs, but still do like 4 or 5.

I read Andreas Kisser say something along those lines in a recent interview. But after just coming out with Kairos, they're doing that tour in Europe where they're only playing shit from BTR, Arise, and Chaos A.D., so go figure.

Max has always played old Sepultura stuff, whether it was with Soulfly or CC. CC plays a lot more obviously because it's Max and Igor. It's not so much rehashing the past as it is playing live what he knows his fans want to hear. Plus, CC has only 2 albums so they need more songs to draw from for a complete live set. I consider Cavalera Conspiracy as close to a Sep reunion as it's gonna get and to me they're more like the real Sep than the one with Derrick Green. CC is easily better than anything Max has done since he left Sepultura, and better than anything Sepultura has done with Derrick Green, IMO of course.

All true! :loco: