Judas priests

If there's ever a video of the song that Halford did with Bruce, I'm positive that it'd be just like Dancing in the Street with Bowie and Jagger.

Was it Dancing in the Street, or am I completely wrong?

Hanso, all the KISS Alive albums are overdubbed to blazes. The only live performance of theirs that sounds anywhere near authentic is MTV Unplugged :lol:

Eddie Kramer spilt the beans when he admitted that Alive has "overdubs all over the bloody place, especially the drums."

Alive II should perhaps have been called "In the Studio VII." You're quite right about Paul singing backup with himself. Not only that, but "Tomorrow and Tonight" and "Hard Luck Woman" weren't even in the set at the time. They re-recorded both in the studio and whacked the applause track over the top.

That's nothing compared to Alive III. As far as I can tell, the WHOLE THING was recorded at soundcheck with the crowd noise dubbed in later.

Alive IV will probably be more of the same story, if it ever comes out! Live? I don't think so... :rolleyes:

W

Yes Spiff, it was Dancing In the Street. What the hell were Mick n' Dave thinking when they did that? It took me another twelve years to discover that Bowie had actually made a few good albums once upon a time :).

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
That's nothing compared to Alive III. As far as I can tell, the WHOLE THING was recorded at soundcheck with the crowd noise dubbed in later.

Alive III has a video that goes with it, so I don't see how that can be. :confused:

Same deal with songs on Insurection, some of which were not played on the tour.

btw - Overdubs are used for a reason. To stop live albums sounding like shit. :) If I want 'live', I'll buy a bootleg.

Wow Alive! sounds very live to me..... oh well.

Alive III does have heaps of overdubs but as Sydo said I don't see how it can all be soundcheck because of Konfidential.. but on Konfidential in parts (Heaven's On Fire comes to mind) you can hear Paul singing the chorus when he isn't at a mic... he is toying with the crowd on his knees lol.

Watch Konfidential carefully and you'll see that the only "live" performance on there is the four clips from the 70s. The rest is a compilation of live footage from the Revenge tour with the audio tracks from Alive III dubbed over the top. Spot how many times Gene's shirt changes in the middle of songs, and watch for the lip synching that doesn't quite line up with what you hear :lol:

To hear how KISS really sounded in 92, grab the Kiss My Ass video and watch the clip for Love Gun. Paul sounds very off-key in this one, but at least it's authentic :).

W

In the end, id rather a band go back and fix mistakes, as Sydo said, if you REALLY want them live, just grab a bootleg :D

Ill have to watch that Konfidential video again, I didnt even notice his shirt changing in the middle of songs :lol:

Ohh yeah! I forgot about how its footage from different shows!

Ohhh Love Gun on the Kiss My Ass video is AWESOME! The sound on that is as good/better than on Konfidential if you ask me anyway! Best version of Love Gun I've seen.

Preist Live(1986) is sensational.I've had this on vinyl for 15 years now and on CD for about 3 or 4 years i guess.I got Unleashed in the East (re-master with 4 bonus tracks) on CD last week and have only heard it once so can't really comment too much on that one

PRIEST LIVE IS ESSENTIAL I HAVE THE VIDEO ALSO AND CAN MEMORISE EVERY MOVE IN IT IM ON MY THIRD COPY I HAVE WORN THEM OUT LETS HOPE IT COMES ON DVD, UNLEASHED IS ALSO A CLASSIC IM MEAN WHAT PRIEST ISNT A CLASSIC EXCEPT FOR MAYBE TURBO? I HAVE THEM ALL AND LOVE THEM AND THE NEW ALBUM KIKS ARSE HAS A BIT OF A 2000 FEEL TO IT PLUS THE OLD PRIEST AMAZING REALLY