June 25 Rijssens Show Info Needed

johninatl

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2006
Just saw this date posted on Opeth's website. I am travelling to Europe from USA for World Cup and really want to see Opeth live during this time. Can someone please help answer the following:

* Where is Rijssens located in Holland?
* What is Club Lucky like?
* Think this would be a full headliner show, instead of perhaps a 50 minute festival-type performance? Would prefer a longer set in a smaller venue. . .
* Who would the ticket agent be so I can secure tickets in advance?
* Any hotels nearby?
* Any train stations nearby?

Lots of questions I know, but appreciate anyone's help in making my mission of seeing Opeth play live come true. I have looked online for this type of information to no avail so far. Missed their Nov 05 Atlanta show as the date was announced after my honeymoon was scheduled. Great timing eh?

Thanks to all,

johninatl

why don't you go on june 24 to graspop in Belgium? :p not only will you see opeth, but you'll see other amazing bands too, and it is a great festival!

edit: I actually have never heard of Rijssens Club Lucky or any sort of festival there ... I can't find it on the internet either. this one is bizar!
the same goes for Hilverheim Lowlands in august ........ what are these things?? never heard of any of those, and not on the internet either and no one I know has heard of them, even Dutch people ... really strange ...

update: lowlands festival I know, but I don't know what this has to do with Hilversheim ... it would surprise me though if Opeth would play at Lowlands festival (not metal at all), but it would be great!

Thanks Black Session! I have been considering going to Graspop, but the main reason was to see Opeth. Then I notice this June 25 date and thought it might be better.

Please post if you find out anything more. Trying to get my overseas bookings set in advance, with seeing Opeth as a priority! This Rijssens date does seem like a mysterious addition to their summer itinerary which is primarily established festivals.

johninatl

Im from Holland and i did some research.

I think Opeth.com made a mistake about the gig in Rijssens, Club Lucky. The place is called Rijssen excist. But the club is not called 'Club Lucky' but 'Lucky & Co'. It's quite a big place, 1250 people to fit in. Blind Guardian is also playing here, so i guess this should be the place...

About Hilverheim Lowlands...Lowlands is a big festival in holland, 3 days, a lot of bands, big bands, small bands. So the name is correct but...Hilverheim doesn't excist in Holland. The name thats coming most close to Hilverheim is Hilversum, but Lowlands is being held in Biddinghuizen, which lies a bit more north then Hilversum...

So thats for the two gigs, i think.

* Rijssen is located in the East of Holland, nearby a 'city' called Almelo, maybe you can find a place to trash there.
*I've never been in club 'Lucky & Co'. I only know that Blind Guardian is also playing in club 'Lucky & Co' on their upcoming tour. So it should be ok.
*I think its not going to be a 50-minute festival-type performance, but a full headliner show. But i cant assure you that.
*www.ticketmaster.nl is the place to be
*I think you can sleep in some hostel in Rijssen, if that isnt a option, there should be a small hotel located in the city nearby, Almelo.
*Rijssen has it's own trainstation, so it should be no problem to get their

Good luck with your quest!

WHAAAT!!!! That's just an hour drive from here.. I will be there!!!
Really hope it will be a full headliner show..

To Tonys Apprentices: thanks for all your information and insight, it is very helpful to me. This should allow me to attend this gig. I am very excited!

johninatl

this show will be their best show ever b/c they will be playing in my honour... since it is my b-day...on that day... seriously... they will be playing their hearts out... for me.. b/c its my birthday...

johninatl said:
To Tonys Apprentices: thanks for all your information and insight, it is very helpful to me. This should allow me to attend this gig. I am very excited!

johninatl

No problem dude! I didn't knew they were gonna play in holland again, thanks for that one!

lucky dutch bastards :p ... rijssen is a bit too far for me unfortunately, but perhaps I'll go to Lowlands, still hard to belief that a band like Opeth is playing at that festival ...

Just as a followup, I got in touch with the club and they confirmed Opeth's appearance on June 25. And they said the tix will go on sale next week for 18 euros each. They offered to reserve one ticket for me since I asked as an overseas traveller 'n all. Very nice and professional, much appreciated from far away as I make my plans for World Cup and to see Opeth!

I feel very fortunate to have found out about this gig since it will be an ideal setting. Curious what sort of setlist they might come up with since most of their summer appearances will be shorter, festival-type gigs. What do you think?

Thanks again guys for your help with this.

johninatl

I think it will be a Chronology set
:)

I'll be there BTW :D

I think they love playing in Holland!
Including the Lowlands festival, It'll be the 6th time they play here within a year! And yes, The Netherlands is a rather small country