Just a coincidence?

seventi

Viva Lonliness!
Mar 8, 2002
The Third Place
Visit site
Now, look what I found when partying late at a local disco. This is a brand for a Swedish cider company. Pretty similiar or what do you think?

cid.jpg

Doesnt it make sense that both logos could be derived from a font or type of caligraphy that has those same characteristics? seems very probable to me, i doubt either of those logos ripped eachother off guys.

i agree with grey and pink: probably a font, an uncommon one, but a font, or calligraphic style, nonetheless. yet, the similarity in the "butterflies" is striking.

Yeah, the butterfly, the S-shaped line next to it, and the circly thingy underneath it, are really obvious similarities. Don't think it's a coincidence, but that doesn't have to make it a rip-off.

Machine Head's cover art for Through the Ashes of the Empires is strinkingly similar, figurewise, to Opeth's Lamentations.

MH album was released in Europe in mid October.
Lamentations was released in Europe in November.

not saying it was copied, just wanted to point out this observation i had.

yeah, deliverance - i noticed that too! i was browsing through the cd shop and i saw what seemed to be lamentations in cd form, so for a second i assumed they'd released an 'audio-only' version of the dvd, like some bands do...until i had a closer look and saw 'Machine Head' written on it.

I don't know when the cider company was established but that is a new cider brand for sure! Some guy over at the inofficial Opeth forum (http://forums.hmas.org/showthread.php?t=7216) made some conclusions. It is a font from the beginning yes, but the two logos have drawings similar to each other that or not included in the logo so one must have inspired the other or perhaps it's just one scary coincidence...