Just A Thank You

ATHALLUS

Sep 19, 2002
Gautier, Mississippi (U.S.A.)
Visit site
I just wanted to say that I have so far, thouroughly enjoyed being on the Power Quest Forum, and it has been a joy to chat and post with all of you. Steve is the coolest guy on the planet, and everyone has made me feel welcomed here. It is so excellent to be able to talk without a bunch of rude jerks trying to ruin it for everyone else. I've seena little "friendly arguing" but nothing that a chuckle couldn't take care of. I think the members here are humorous intelligent, nice, polite, and friendly and THAT makes for a nice expierence. We are afterall, brothers and sisters of metal. We share a kinship, A deep love of metal music.
It may vary a little from genre to genre , but sharing our love of this music is what it's all about. So, thank you Steve, and everyone else for making this a great place to come and hang out meet people and etc.
:D :headbang: :heh:

Athallus....excellent sentiment.....I only found the forum yesterday on the recommendation of my good friend Eagle from the Bloodstock forum. It's great to have somewhere I can talk about my main love...power metal...without being ribbed for liking..and I quote " cheesy German metal".
I hope I can contribute something to the board...I'm certainly enjoying reading all the threads :)
BTW I'm not normally so busy on the comp..I'm laid up at home with bronchitis so I'm typing in between severe coughing bouts!!

Cheers...cough...cough!!

The Dragon Maiden

Awwwwwwwww I'm sorry to hear that my sister,
Ihope you get to feeling much better soon!!!!
Yeah I've noticed a lot of people who like mostly or all Black or Death Metal seem to put Power Metal down. I personally like Black, Death, Doom, Thrash, Gothic, and Power Metal. But Power Metal is my favorite.
I don't try to put other metal down, but sometimes they go a little too far. Anyway, hope you feel better.

Thank you for all your kind sentiments...cough...cough!! :) The only consolation for feeling so crap is that I can listen to CDs I have had for a while but never got round to listening to properly...if that makes any sense???? For example..I have had Steel Prophet - Unseen for at least a month and this is the first time I have given it a good airing.....it's excellent BTW :D However I understand from my friend Eagle that Rick Mythiasin has left the band...will have to have a look on their website:(

I came accross this forum from the old Bloodstock message board.
And all I can say is that it's very nice indeed to be amongst fellow Power Metallers. I feel like I've come home!

Obviously Power Metal is my fave genre of music but I also like, Traditional, Hard Rock and a touch of Death, Goth.

Thought I'd post this here...

I'm quite new to both the band and the forum, but what I've heard so far Power Quest kicks some serious ass! And all you guys on the forum seem very nice.
I am from Finland in case you're wondering where the Land of the Thousand Drunks is.

And my main interests are, surprise surprise, power and prog metal.

Hey everyone !
Having to add to the praise that there's some really nice people hanging around here!
Which is also why I somehow got stuck after just briefly sticking my head into here (after having "met" Symphony on the Threshold board, hehehehe).
My favourite style surely is prog metal, but I love ANY style of metal as long as it's got heart & soul, and don't care much about what genre a band belongs to -- what I cannot stand is most Black- and Death Metal that goes on about how much they worship satan and how great war is and kill all christians and shit like that...... and sound like a huge wall of NOISE only. *shudder*

I'm also surprised how much there's happening on this board here in the first place - considering Power Quest have not even released an album yet! Blimey.... what will happen here once it is out???!!!!
:lol:

So yeah, it's great being here with such great people in any case!

(Hope you don't mind my sometimes overly long posts... but I type as I think!!!)

Originally posted by Kalmakoff
Thanks for the welcome!

Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Sentenced, Amorphis, Silent Voices, Tunnelvision...

the list just goes on and on...

hey you forgot snakegod! :D
great power from finland. their debut album is actually pretty good.

Finland has a huge, undying well of musical talent it seems!!

You cannot ever name all the bands there are.... but to me, the best Finnish band has got to be

CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!

Gheez, what INSANE guitar playing!!!!