Just bought a Mac Book Pro

jangoux

May 9, 2006
Yeah baby, just got one Mac Book Pro for me (the cheapest one...In Brazil it costs aroud $1k7 and the price difference to the next model is absurd). Should be here in a few days, but i am friggin happy with it. It will be my ' backup' computer - I already have a Quad Core / 4gb / 2Tb Hd at my home studio running Osx 10.5.8 (Hackintosh, hell yeah!), and I will use it mainly for backups, editing at home, recording live, etc.

Next buy will be a bass for the studio :D

I just installed Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro 17", now I love it :headbang:
(I have a Macbook since I need Logic for schoolwork...)

You require Logic for your school? That's odd... Does that school require everyone to own a Mac?

We use PT at my school, but I use Logic at home because I find PT unintuitive.

Get smcfancontrol. I LOVE my MBP 17" but this baby runs hot. Twice as hot when it runs Windows 7 Ultimate. I've personally hacked the living daylights out of mine, which you don't need to do, but I highly recommend smcfancontrol.

I wonder how they're gonna handle the heat issues of a quad-core (I guess it'll probably only be available in the 17" and maybe 15" models)

You require Logic for your school? That's odd... Does that school require everyone to own a Mac?

in college we all had a choice of what to use, cubase, PT and logic - i went for logic because thats what i use and PT because the PT room was insanely packed out with gear

I wonder how they're gonna handle the heat issues of a quad-core (I guess it'll probably only be available in the 17" and maybe 15" models)

the i5's are only dual core with HT making 2 physical and 2 virtual cores.

i7 is also in many new notebooks already, and don't usually have a problem with heat. it is usually the high end discrete graphics cards that cause tons of heat.

Ah, coolness, I didn't realize! (I figured if quad-cores were already available in notebooks, the MBP would be one of 'em - guess not!)

It isn't required, but if I want to work from home, I kinda need a Mac (we had a course where we had to give our teacher a CD with whole Logic projects). I wanted a laptop aswell, so ofc I went for a Macbook instead of a laptop with windows and a Mac desktop.
My W7 Macbook runs really smooth and I love it now :loco: