Just bought a Toneport UX2

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Why?

Well I need more preamps and this has spdif stereo outs and 2 mic preamps.

The ampfarm stuff looks apealing.

The pod XT (witch I would love to fucking own) is $100 more.

The cost leaves me money for a new mic soon.

Anyone else using this unit? I also though abou the fact that I could use it on another PC if I wanted. The only downside is it looks like ampfarm can only be used if I have this thing plugged direct via USB.

I don't know what it is, but it doesn't have 'tube' three times in its name and it doesn't sound vintage-y enough (ports are supposed to be those things ships arrive at, hooligans and your newfangled technology) so it needs more light bulbs in there or you're a n00b.

lightbulb.jpg

Fucking n00bs.

Jeff

Why? I don't need that many preamps. And no I wont be using the software for anything more than late night noodling so the fact that it doesn't have tube in the name doesn't mean shit to me it's still 2 more preamps and the ability to fuck around at 2 in the morning.

Fuck off guys I know micing up exspensive shit is better than DI. FUCK.

Nothing wrong with Line 6. They make great stuff and you can get great results. Fuck being pretentious about gear, even Andy loves Line 6 stuff and has posted great results here from his Pod XT, even though he can obviously turn around to his wall of badass expensive tube amps, mics, and pres.

Nobody is a n00b just b/c they use Line 6. And there's nothing wrong with being a n00b as it is, we all have to start somewhere, and we all (hopefully) continue to learn and get better over time.

At the end of the day, it comes down to capturing great performances and having a good ear. I've even heard people get great tones from cheap Crate solid state amps before (scary) - it's all in the hands.

I have one of those and it is great, I use it for demo's and stuff while I am out on tour and stuff with my laptop. one thing you will want to buy from the online store at line6 is the metal amp pack. the 5150 and the other boogie models are really nice sounding. AND now you can buy another upgrade and use this thing like the protools amp farm in you native DAW(nuendo, cubase whatever) it sounds great for what this little beast can do very usable tones and also has some little mic preamp modeling as well. line6 is trying to go for that liquid channel thing that focusrite is doing.

Love Curran

I have one of those and it is great, I use it for demo's and stuff while I am out on tour and stuff with my laptop. one thing you will want to buy from the online store at line6 is the metal amp pack. the 5150 and the other boogie models are really nice sounding. AND now you can buy another upgrade and use this thing like the protools amp farm in you native DAW(nuendo, cubase whatever) it sounds great for what this little beast can do very usable tones and also has some little mic preamp modeling as well. line6 is trying to go for that liquid channel thing that focusrite is doing.

Love Curran

Yeah I have heard that from alot of people as far as the reviews of this thing goes.

As far as purchasing the ability to use it like a plug in, well I would have to be really impressed as I really like to mic the actual thing more.

For DI the toneport is just as good if not better than the pod xt because it comes with Bass and Vocal preamps and vocal preamps with phantom. the only thing i dont like is how i cant monitior but i just run an out to my combo and voila

I use the Toneport UX2, I would be lost without it, get the metal pack with it as well. Its all about knowing how to use it right.