Just curious

jyng

Sep 30, 2002
www.mwis.net
Ted, I believe you mentioned one time that your favorite 'Kansas' album was 'Masque'. If you don't mind me asking, is there a specific 'Kansas' song that you'd call your favorite?

And anyone else out here on the forum, do you have a favorite 'Kansas' song?

I'm also curious what 'Rush' song would be considered everyones favorite?

Mine's probably Tom Sawyer (the full length version, not the radio edit!) because it was the first Rush song I think I had ever heard and I discovered it when I was first learning how to play drums when I was 12. It's the first song I remember really listening to carefully to analyze what Peart was doing and how.

Although 2112 is probably close behind.

Yikes, if I had to pick one Kansas song it might not be from Masque though that is still one of my favorite albums. My favorite song from that album is probably 'The Pinnacle.' Favorite song all time? uhhhhhhh maybe 'Closet Chronicles' from POKR or 'Incident on the Bridge' from Drastic Measures....ya, really....or even 'Rainmaker' from In the Spirit of Things.

Favorite Rush song is probably Red Barchetta or Available Light from Presto

Kansas favorite, haven't really thought about it. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to Kansas.

But for Rush, right now it's probably Secret Touch, followed closely by Earthshine and Sweet Miracle. If I listen to one, I have to listen to all three.

Kansas was my 1st prog band I got into so they are pretty special to me. Fav tunes .... gotta echo Ted.... Closet Chronicles. Other Side (Live version on the Box Set ----- Steve's vocals back then are just incredible).

Rush --- A fan but not the biggest fan... Geddy's vocals are just not my cup of tea, and personally, I really do not dig Alex's solos. Just don't flow too well to my ears. Also I do not like Rush Post Hold Your Fire. My fav is definitely Trees into Xanadu on Exit Stage Left.

Back to 82 (pre-maedae)
Remembering Eddy, Ott and CHUD doing ‘yyz’ in the box.
Melodically owning every chop, crash and minor-tone structure.

This could be one for the set list!