Just discovered the youtube video performance of Withem...

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
My apologies to others here, who know this as I am sure there was a thread about this, but I missed it, obviously.

After PPUSAXV, I bragged on Withem's singer and his performance. Absolutely NO offense to the band, but as far as songwriting, not my favorite of bands. I never really "got" them, but I did give them a fair shot because I did like a couple of songs by them. In case anyone skipped out on them for food or because they didn't click with them, here is their show. Of course it was professionally produced like a live album, but you can get the gist of this vocalist. I thought he was bad-ass !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't very familiar with their material when I saw their set, but I ended up staying for the whole performance because I was so impressed with his vocal abilities. Top notch!

I was truly impressed by Withem's set in Atlanta. When they were announced I wondered how well the vocals would come across live as compared to the disc. Well, he killed it live! His highest range was surprising, but he nailed for the most part all night long. Coming home and finding the footage on YouTube was great! You can relive some of the best moments of the fest online, unlike years past where there was a tight control on what was out there.

Now, if only Pain of Salvation would release the entire ProgPower set on blue-ray.