Just found Iced Earth Australia forum

Iced Earth!!!!

What are ya tryin to say Sydo??? :loco: Maiden are awesome but in case you hadnt noticed, they are all busy sunning their asses off on some beach having a rest and nothings been happening! (Ill bet some smart arse will now post something new about them that I didnt know..........)

This is probably the longest they have ever laid idle for.
CRICKY They havn't even re-released any of the older albums for while. ;)

Originally posted by Sydo
This is probably the longest they have ever laid idle for.
CRICKY They havn't even re-released any of the older albums for while. ;)

Yeah, but imagine how freakin great the next albums gonna be now that they have BNWs album and tour under their belts and all this time off to really hone the songs!
MMMMMMM maiden.

This long break has led to me creating a stock-pile of money that desperatly needs to be spent on Maiden Merchandise!!

Though I must say that I'm more excited about the prospect of new Bruce, Blaze and even Halford in the next year than I am of another Maiden album :(

Originally posted by Sydo
This long break has led to me creating a stock-pile of money that desperatly needs to be spent on Maiden Merchandise!!

I must say that I'm more excited about the prospect of new Bruce, Blaze and even Halford in the next year than I am of another Maiden album :(

Well thats just crazy talk. New Bruce album, yes I agree, cant freakin wait! New Blaze......hmm yep ok I agree there too.......new Halford more than maiden? Nup, you have gone mad you poor bastard.
Or at least one third mad. :D

But Ressurection is pretty damn cool, and Screaming In The Dark is such a great track.
Plus you yourself said, just about anything Roy Z touches turns to gold.

How does new Nevermore grab ya then? :headbang:

I prefer live insurrection to the studio one, screaming in the dark doth rule! As does prisoner of your eyes. Also, yes, Royz is a god who walks among men so im sure it will be good, but lets face it, it wont be as good as the next maiden album! (Oooh im gonna look like a dick if the next maiden album sucks!)
New nevermore? You said it best :headbang: !!!

Looking forward to the new blaze too, but I hope there are less "filler" tracks on this one, when they are good they are VERY very good, when they arent they are boring.......

Originally posted by spawn
Looking forward to the new blaze too, but I hope there are less "filler" tracks on this one, when they are good they are VERY very good, when they arent they are boring.......

Good point. Silicon Messiah is great, but there are too many tracks tht I skip.

and just for Kem... "sigh. Women. :err: "

What do u guys think of "The Day I Fell To Earth"? I think Blaze was a fool to leave this off the album. I can understand why, but it is just such a waste of such a killer track!

I think Silicon Messiah is awesome. Not sure if I agree about the filler tracks you speak of, as I love the whole album, and eagerly await the follow up to it.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
What do u guys think of "The Day I Fell To Earth"?

Without a doubt it's one of my favourites. Heavy, fast, catchy - what more could you want! I'm a little surprised myself that it was left off myself, because it would have to be one of the the strongest tracks.

As for 'filler' songs. There's only 1 that I don't listen to, Identity. I just simply cannot stand it (although I havn't heard in in eons now). I also skip The Hunger and Reach For The Horizon occasionally. Not that they are bad, just not in the same league as Ghost In The Machine, The Brave, Born As A Stranger and the unbelievable Stare At The Sun.

The filler songs you mentioned are the exact same ones I skip Sydo........Freaky.

I cant believe they left the day I fell to earth of as well! Same with Return of the king from brucie, what the hell is wrong with these guys? How can they not know how good the tracks are?? :confused: :confused:

I can understand "Identity" and "Reach For The Horizon" (even though I love them both) but "The Hunger" is as strong as some of the other top tracks.

I'm not as keen on Bruce's "Return of the King" as I am of "The Day I Fell To Earth" and actually think it was a good move leaving it off of the album, but still a good song.

Well this thread inspired me to go back and listen to the Blaze MP3s I have because I don't have the album, and I have to say I still won't be getting the album. The Day I Fell to Earth is the best one, and even if it was on there I think I'd still struggle.

Well I think you have to compare it to songs they DID leave on the album, a lot of the times they leave crap on there and leave off a great song! They could have dumped jerusalem or something like that and thrown on Return of the King, that would have been better!

I don't think Return Of The King would 'fit' well on The Chemical Wedding. To me, it would sound more at home on Accident Of Birth.

They can stick it on tatooed millionaire for all I care, but it must be given its due :D

'Tis a good song. I shall say no more.

Brave New World was neither brave, nor new. :bah: