just got a job offer...shall I take it?

I say go for it. I know I'd appreciate a day break from recording if I was in your shoes. I think from an artist point of view, a day off is also pretty good. If they're from out of town, they can go check out the city and see stuff. It'd refresh them a bit. If you're stuck in the same place with the same guys for 7 days, cabin fever will set in at some point. Hell, even if you don't take the job, I'd say just take a day off once a week.

Do it, but prepare songs far in advance. Like, prepare yourself sort of a program, without entering too much inside details. So that you don't need each fucking time to spend hours to prepare a lesson, and you can re-use them to other students. Just like any school teachers spends his first year creating his lessons, and re-uses them by only adjusting them next times. You can even find inspiration on guitar lesson websites.

Just a topic + a few riffs/exercices + a mp3 file/backing track is enough as a start and will already be more than most guitar teachers do anyway. Take a few days once to prepare as much as possible and you're set for a little time.

So I'd say do it if you are able to organize yourself a little to save you time and hassle in the long term. If you like teaching and the contact with students, it can possibly be cool if you're not unlucky.

Def worth considering from a financial point of view and the opportunity to get away for a day and come back refreshened....good for your soul....feed it.

I actually enjoy teaching, but it's a commitment I'd have to make that MIGHT take away from what I wanna do.
I got used to being self-employed and to organising my own time....taking this job would mean, that I'd have to do that every single tuesday, no matter what (minus holidays of course).
I know, it's just one day, but it'd affect my planning and my "real" job and could take away from my flexibility (over the last years I've been recording bands in other countries and even continents a couple of times)...so I'd have to compromise on that unless it's in the school holidays etc.
I kinda feel like I'd be cheating on my dreams and goals, cause I believe to make it in this business and to get where I wanna get you'll have to give 100% all of the time, no compromise.

I actually enjoy teaching, but it's a commitment I'd have to make that MIGHT take away from what I wanna do.
I got used to being self-employed and to organising my own time....taking this job would mean, that I'd have to do that every single tuesday, no matter what (minus holidays of course).
I know, it's just one day, but it'd affect my planning and my "real" job and could take away from my flexibility (over the last years I've been recording bands in other countries and even continents a couple of times)...so I'd have to compromise on that unless it's in the school holidays etc.
I kinda feel like I'd be cheating on my dreams and goals, cause I believe to make it in this business and to get where I wanna get you'll have to give 100% all of the time, no compromise.

ah yeah, that really makes sense