Just got back from Bruce!!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Another killer show, totally different setlist this time!!!!!!!! I'll try to remember it. Also I got my Hot Licks video and Hot In The Shade cover signed and a photo with him!

Setlist:

KISS - Creatures Of The Night
KISS - Who Wants To Be Lonely
Union - Love I Don't Want It Anymore
Bruce Kulick - Strange To Me
KISS - Asylum Medly (About 3/4 of each song!)
* King Of The Mountain
* Trial By Fire
* Tears Are Falling
* Uh! All Night
Guitar solo from Animalize tour
Bruce Kulick - An instrumental from Transformer
KISS - Domino
KISS - Crazy Nights Medly
* I'll Fight Hell To Hold You
* No No No (guitar intro only, thank god!)
* When The Walls Come Down
* Crazy Crazy Nights
KISS - Turn On The Night
Bruce Kulick - Crazy
KISS - Jungle
KISS - Forever
Bruce Kulick - Need Me
KISS - Hide Your Heart
=================
KISS - I Walk Alone
KISS - Revenge Medly
* Heart Of Chrome
* Tough Love
* I Just Wanna
* God Gave Rock & Roll To You

:headbang:

I almost wet myself when they opened when Creatures, then again when they kicked straight into Who Wants To Be Lonely after it!!! I was right up the front and the atmosphere was GREAT (another packed house) and the most fun I've had in yonks!!

:headbang: :headbang:

By the way, I could do without the 3 Bruce songs with vocals and I Walk Alone, because the man really can't sing to save himself.

A different singer (diff to last year too) who sounds just like Paul Stanley handled vocals on the Kiss tracks and the Union song. He rocked!

Yeah I was very pleased with the setlist!!! Asylum & Crazy Nights are 2 of my fave Kiss albums so I was thrilled to hear stuff like Turn On The Night, Who Wants To Be Lonely, I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, Uh All Night, King Of The Mountain, etc! As I said, I almost wet myself when they kicked into Who Wants To Be Lonely and was sooo happy they opened with Creatures, and it sounded GREAT!!!!! That's the best song Kiss ever opened with I think.

There was also some great moments like before Hide Your Heart the singer came back out (coz the song before was a Bruce solo song) and the crowd just started going "UH UH UH, HEY HEY HEY, DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DOOO" and Bruce walks up to the mic and goes "How did you know?" then the singer joined in with the crowd and they kicked into it!

And before Forever, Bruce goes "This one would make a great wedding song... we used to get out the acoustics and everything with Kiss for it.." and the whole crowd just started singing it and Bruce goes "Wait till we start playing it! I'm still tuning my guitar!" Hahaha! The atmosphere was awesome!

:headbang: :headbang:

He used one of his old ESP's from the '80s and goes "Do you like the guitar I brought along? I picked one of my cool '80s metal looking ESP's!" :) You could tell his backing band loved the '80s Kiss stuff too coz the rhythm guitarist especially was mouthing along to every word of all the songs off Asylum and Crazy Nights and absolutely loving it!!

Nah the backing band was the same, just the singer was different.

Hahaha nah I didn't, I wore my Hot In The Shade US tour shirt heh.

My oldest brother had Motley Crue's "You're All I Need" played at his wedding reception. He had downloaded songs and burned them to CD using my computer, but it just so happened that I had downloaded the Crue's song and saved it in the same directory. He must have seen the title, thought it sounded like a sweet song and put it on one of the CDs. Mark and I had a bit of a giggle when it came on. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That would've been funny!

MMM: Don't bother checking out Bruce's solo stuff because its nothing special. Average (not bad but nothing special) songs with below average vocals but some cool guitars. However his live shows rock coz he plays mainly stuff from when he was in Kiss as you can see from the setlist and has a great singer.

If you wanna check out a Kiss member's solo stuff I don't think I even have to say who is the best one to check out. :) Vinnie Vincent obviously! But also Mark St. John's post-Kiss band White Tiger are really good, and Paul Stanley's 1978 solo album rocks too. Ace's solo stuff is pretty boring and no need to even mention Peter coz he sucks balls. I haven't heard Eric Carr's Rockology album yet but apparently its pretty good...

Vinnie Vincent easily did the best stuff outside of Kiss though. He also had the most commercial success as a solo artist too out of all the Kiss members, which really says alot about the quality of his solo work because he was the least liked member of Kiss ever.

Ace's album rules, dawg. Haven't heard any of Frehley's Comet stuff, just his one from when they all did solo albums. And it rules, dawg.