Just got back from Bruce!!

Ace's solo album isn't bad, has some good tracks (though his voice ruins some of the tracks too, suits some of them really well though). Paul's solo album is the best of them by a long shot though. In a totally different league to the other ones. Easily competes with (and kills) some of the other '70s Kiss albums even.

I've only heard bits of Frehley's comet. They aren't a bad band by any means, just nothing special or anything. Compared to the rest of the '80s hard rock scene I'd say its perhaps a little bit below average, and probably if he wasn't in Kiss nobody would even care about the albums at all. In fact they might not have even been signed if not for a Kiss connection. White Tiger on the other hand is higher quality stuff, not outstanding but definitely one of the above average obscure hair-metal releases. And yeah Vinnie Vincent Invasion would be a standout release with or without a Kiss connection and easily get released, which is why it had some minor hits, spawned another big band and gets high praise from people who don't even like Kiss. And most Kiss fans hate Vinnie so their success was nothing to do with a Kiss connection anyway, he achieved it on his own because he made high quality music.

That Union song they played live rocked, I wanna check out the album now :)

Troops, I know you don't like Ace as much as Vinnie or Bruce, but you're cheating yourself if you don't listen to Frehley's Comet (1987) or Trouble Walkin' (1989). TW has most of Skid Row on it in quite a few places, and Marc Ferrari gets a couple of co-writing credits.

Second Sighting (1988) is mediocre at best. Most of the album is complete filler, which disappointed me quite a bit because I'd been looking for it for six years :(.

Unoin rock the house, but I reckon you'd like their second album "The Blue Room" more than the self-titled debut. That one has a very 90s feel to it, while TBL is retro 80s from beginning to end.

W

Cool I'll check out some Union and hear some more Frehley's Comet stuff then! Marc Ferrari RULES! Have you haerd "Break Out" album by Cold Sweat? It's AWESOME! And of course Keel ruled!

Invasion is still the best of Kiss member solo projects though. Well not a solo project but you know what I mean.

The Trooper said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That would've been funny!

MMM: Don't bother checking out Bruce's solo stuff because its nothing special. Average (not bad but nothing special) songs with below average vocals but some cool guitars. However his live shows rock coz he plays mainly stuff from when he was in Kiss as you can see from the setlist and has a great singer.

If you wanna check out a Kiss member's solo stuff I don't think I even have to say who is the best one to check out. :) Vinnie Vincent obviously! But also Mark St. John's post-Kiss band White Tiger are really good, and Paul Stanley's 1978 solo album rocks too. Ace's solo stuff is pretty boring and no need to even mention Peter coz he sucks balls. I haven't heard Eric Carr's Rockology album yet but apparently its pretty good...

Vinnie Vincent easily did the best stuff outside of Kiss though. He also had the most commercial success as a solo artist too out of all the Kiss members, which really says alot about the quality of his solo work because he was the least liked member of Kiss ever.

was Vinnie in Kiss for a couple of years? or the non-makeup era or something? cause i never knew he was even in Kiss before!

He joined for Creatures Of The Night (1982, last album with makeup) and was kicked out at the end of the Lick It Up tour (1984, first non-makeup tour). Creatures & Lick It Up also happen to be probably the best 2 Kiss studio albums.