Just got back from Metal Church.....

.....and holy crap did they tear it up! I never had the chance to see Metal Church with David Wayne or Mike Howe, but seeing Ronny Munroe more than makes up for it. He is an outstanding frontman. I swear that he was channeling Wayne when he sang tunes from the first two albums. Along with Vicious Rumors (my personal fave!), I would say that Metal Church are one of THE most underrated (and under appreciated) power metal bands ever. If you can check them out on tour, it's well worth it! :headbang:

I got the chance to see Church a couple of years ago at Jester's Pub in Fayetteville, NC. There were only about 40-5o people there, but the band was amazing. And hell yes they are underappreciated (I don't know about underrated, as they are pretty well known as a great band, just not as many people know/remember them), albums like The Dark and Hanging in the Balance are just about perfect.

Last night I witnessed Metal Church, alongside Queensryche, in Puerto Rico. What a performance Metal Church put on. Munroe's voice is amazing live, and does a great job handling the classic stuff. Almost 80% of the setlist included songs from "Metal Church" and "The Dark". I would've loved a couple of more songs from the Munroe era. But to me, the highlight of their performance, was "Badlands", one of my favorite metal songs of all time. Hope Metal Church keeps thrashing for a long time. Good luck to the guys.