just guitar. mesa rectoverb. sale demo

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
SoundClick MP3: LOVE HAMMER - Band page with free MP3 music downloads on SoundClick
"rectoverb"

l_9a581c20c9c7e5124123a6b95cb4159b.jpg

this amp is for sale on ebay and on the johnpetrucci.com forum so i figured while im learning (as i'm a n00b in recording) to record a sample for people to hear that are intrested in buying this amp.

this was done as you can see with an sm57 slightly off axis. i usually use a sm57 and/or a sennheiser e609 on my mesa 4x12 cabinet and my road king head but since this is a combo 1x12 amp i thought i'd experiment with an off center and angled mic position. the rhythm guitars are double tracked as someone recomended it will make my tone sound bigger but it still sounds a little weak. i guess time will make me better. this is def the best sounding recording i've done to date as everything else pretty much sucked donkey balls. this at least isn't as bad. but def i have more to go.

any comments and PLEASE critique as harsh as it can be, i need to learn this stuff quick and good....

thanks

that's what i'm after. in your face...

i usually am right up against the grille on axis/ off axis.

but never double tracked. first time i double tracked i had the mic further way. go figure. dont ask me why i did it. i will try double tracking and putting mic right on the grille of my 4x12 cab.

well like i said it was improvixsed. the point was to show the tone for people who want to buy the amp since its for sale. i made upi the tune so it was tough to play it exactly the same with literally one take. it was on one take each. no practice nothing... and my studio has no live room so i had to fight to hear the orignal record to record over it on the heaphones... being that the amp is in the same room as my computer.

i don't know why one side is louder. i recorded them right after another and even volume .weird.