Just in: progessive black metal: Green Carnation

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
I just received a mail from a friend who discovered this (Norwegian) band. I've haven't heard anything of them but one sample so far. I'm browsing through their site in order to explore their music. But it sounded quite good somehow, so that's why I immediately posted it here. So we can discover it together and virtually make love afterward.

Are there any people who already know them and have something called like an 'opinion' about them?

EDIT: Can't figure what's so 'black metal' about them??? Fuck google!

EDIT2: Anyway, I like it!

They are NOT black metal - at all.

Great band, which can't really be defined in too much of a genre. Perhaps dark metal with progressive elements...

Their album "Light Of Day, Day of Darkness" is a one hour song epic, which is mindblowing. Their latest release is an album called "The Acoustic Verses" which, as the title says, is a much more laid back album than the rest of their stuff.

You can't go wrong with any of their albums, but I'd recommend Light of Day over any other of theirs.

Thx Frosties, from what I've heard by now I agree with your description of their music. Will check for that album (LoD, DoD).

It's always a bit embarrassing to see that there are already 4 topics about it. Sorry, but I'm not that much on the forum anymore, so I miss stuff sometimes.

(It's ok to lock, delete this topic or add it to the other threads)

Light of Day, Day of Darkness and the new album called The Acoustic Verses are quite good.

I guess since Tchort is in Carpathian Forest there would have that misconsception of black metal....but he doesn't really bring that into the band. Progressive Metal...that would be the genre I would place them.