Just in: progessive black metal: Green Carnation

doesnt matter, went to Prog achives and got a good description of their music. They give all their albums pretty high ratings, but then again they give Riversides CDs high ratings too

I picked up "The Quiet Offspring". The first song is decent, the 2nd and 3rd are fair then it's a complete yawnfest thereafter. Not sure if I'll pursue further, maybe I just happened to get their weakest CD first.

Benighted1 said:
doesnt matter, went to Prog achives and got a good description of their music. They give all their albums pretty high ratings, but then again they give Riversides CDs high ratings too

Riverside deserves nothing less than high ratings.

I can't praise the double album live release to In The Woords enough. That was their farewell release. ITW played their masterpiece 'Omnio' in its entirety.

In the Woods - Live at the Caledonien Hall-2CD-2003

Fantastic quality as well!

As for Green Carnation; Light of Day Day of Darkess + the acoustic are masterpieces!!

I've heard "The Boy in the Attic", which caught me off guard because I was expecting something different. Interesting to say the least, but I haven't decided what I think about it just yet.

Frosties said:
They are NOT black metal - at all.

Agreed 100%.

Yet another stupid thread written by someone who has no idea what Black Metal even sounds like. Just like every other type of metal which gets misrepresented on this forum. Ridiculous.

yellow_bump_sign.jpg

AshDLS said:
Whoever was asking about Woods Of Ypres...

www.myspace.com/woodsofypres

Decide for yourself, instead of trusting the opinions of a bunch of wankers (including myself) on some forum.

i like them alot but alot of people hate them especially those jerkoffs who ran opethforum.com

the hubster said:
Agreed 100%.

Yet another stupid thread written by someone who has no idea what Black Metal even sounds like. Just like every other type of metal which gets misrepresented on this forum. Ridiculous.

i agree 100% with your 100% agreeance....however its really not something to agree or disagree on cause theyre simply NOT BLACK METAL