Just ordered First Strike Still Deadly...

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
,...good purchase? It will be my first Testament album... i have various MP3's and liked what i heard so i went ahead. I assumed i would like it because i like the heavier stuff a lot and this is apparently old songs redone with the new style, which i think i would like a lot! anyway... do you guys think this is a good album to start with?

FSSD has earned a permanent place
in my car CD player. Every morning
driving to work I get to scream

"THE PREACHER!!!"

I think Chuck found his inner voice
on this one. More like an inner ROAR.
He's a real inspitation and tough as nails,
see him onstage if you can...

Yeah, FSSD is great.

Bumblefoot, I don't consider FSSD or the first two albums their heaviest... I do consider it some of the best.

Some of the newer stuff is a lot heavier... more Death Metal style compared to the first few "old school thrash" style.

I own everything Testament, and wonder if anyone else gets the sense that First Strike Still Deadly seems to play a bit slower than the originals? I've heard re-recordings of other non-metal bands and the effect is the same.

Either way, the CD rocks. I for one vote Reign of Terror as the best song on this disc.

Thrasher in Sac

Does anyone not like the new heavier style? I personally love it, but was just wondering. It kind of has the death metal feel, without the repetitive drum beats, and meaningless vocals death metal frequently has.

Personally my favorite is Low, where he can mix both styles of singing, like Hail Mary and Dog Faced Gods

Yeah, with Low, Billy's vox changes style, and once they came out with Demonic, they sounded heavier than ever. It did take a bit for me to get into, just 'cause it sounded different than before and I'm not a fan of the grrrr style. It isn't death, thank fucking god -- it just moves thrash to a heavier level. I love it.

My favorite is still The Legacy.

Thrasher