Just over 10 years ago...

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
4pspread.JPG

Danzig 4p was released. I have listened to it obsessively over the years, and it somehow found its way to NYC with me (it was in the new Megadeth case for whatever reason). Listening to it while driving through New Mexico on my way home I truly realized how great it is even if I've been saying that for years. I listened to each song about 4 times in a row several times throughout my trip, not because I had nothing else to listen to, but because even after thousands upon thousands of hours spent with this album, it still sounds so freakin' new and impressive! No art I've ever experienced has sounded this black, and I highly doubt I will ever find anything that comes close.

Also, I just stumbled on a brief Four P movement explaination, on a website I visit all the damn time:
http://www.the7thhouse.com/news/Articles/article4.htm

4poct.jpg

Danzig makes Halloween even more :kickass: than it already is.

really?

I have to investigate further as I gave up on him after III

My fondest recollection of Danzig is the ass whooping he got when they opened for Slayer during the South of Heaven tour ... I don't think I heard anything but "Slayer" chants during his whole set.

I converted JayKeeley, he loves this album. :Spin:

I saw Slayer, Danzig, and Sepultura w/ Max on the same bill once. Oh man, what a show. I do feel sorry for bands opening for Slayer though.

I am listening to it right now. Its good, I especially like Glenn's crooning to the moods of the music.

I always liked Five finger crawl off of Satans child 666. sort or industrial, but good.

Yeah, this house loves it. Danzig III is brilliant too. I bet you could set aside a week and listen to Danzig and nothing but. Sometimes you just hit a vibe where you feel like swimming in all that blackness. It's all very smooth.

III and 4p are the man's two masterpieces (not including The Misfits, where Glenn never wrote a less than completely stellar song).

I've set aside many weeks listening to nothing but Danzig, but that's not too surprising to anyone that knows me. I'm still waiting to wake up one morning with a hideous hangover and a giant Danzig skull tatoo across my chest. That would rule.

samhain-skull.gif