Just picked up "Wrath" in Vinyl

steve.h

New Guy
Jan 9, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
I thought this wasn't supposed to come out until the 24th? Either way, I'm usually not a huge fan of Lamb of God, but I'm enjoying this album thoroughly.

Me_LambOfGod.jpg

That's a bit weird huh

but yeah it's a really cool album, I honestly just downloaded it to see how bad it was but it was a really good album. Broken hands has the coolest riff I've ever heard from a modern mainstream band tbh.

I also listened to it and expected to hate it... but I just... didnt. ?___?

Also... terrible pic... you geico caveman. :lol:

I listened to the new album, and I think it's alright. Not bad but nothing really stood out to me, and I don't like the production. I remember enjoying At the Palaces Burn back when that album came out, but I really haven't cared much for them since.

That's a bit weird huh

but yeah it's a really cool album, I honestly just downloaded it to see how bad it was but it was a really good album. Broken hands has the coolest riff I've ever heard from a modern mainstream band tbh.

I did pretty much the exact same thing (with the downloadin') and ended up enjoying Contractor and Broken Hands quite a bit. Improvement for them IMO, the only song I liked off Sacrament was WWMIH, and even that one goes to shit after the first half or so

I don't think Contractor reminds me of COB at all; and as I said in the Controversial opinions thread, I don't think it's a very good song at all... at least until 1:40 anyways.

Yeah, I just revised my statement in that thread, too, but for the record Contractor is pretty meh up to 1:40 (I still like the end a lot). I don't really see the CoB comparison, but then again I don't listen to CoB much.

Solid album, solid album.

I would have put money that the majority of this board would tear this album to pieces.

In all seriousness though the album is pretty good so far.

I would have put money that the majority of this board would tear this album to pieces.

In all seriousness though the album is pretty good so far.

I'm sayin' man. I did not like this band much until this record! It's not amazing or anything, but it's a good listen with some solid songs for sure.

It doesn't touch New American Gospel or As the Palaces Burn.
It doesn't even come close to Burn the Preist or Ashes of the Wake, but I will say it's a step up from Sacrament.
All in all, I will have to say it's miles ahead of what I expected.

Redneck was an embarrassment to music.
Blacken the Cursed Sun was the best song on the album, though... followed closely by Descending and Walk With Me In Hell.
However, the album was just unrewarding and disappointing overall.
This is saying a lot, considering they were my favorite band at the time of release, and I bought it the day it came out.