oh my god, how stupid am I

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
So i've been a huge fan of Lamb of God after getting Palaces.... and I recently got delivered New American Gospel...along with other CDs, one being Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed.

So theres my five CD changer stereo, and I listen to The Black Dahlia Murder when I'm washing the dishes and....well.....it bores me to tears because its so derivative and bland. I return to my room after the dishes and promptly remove it from the changer, and without realising put it in the Lamb of God case and back in the collection.......a short time later, I *believed* that I had removed Lamb of God's New American Gospel CD (though I hadn't) and when that CD started playing I thought 'cool, this kicks ass' and looked for the appropriate case on my desk. Now, seeing as I had put away the Lamb of God case with the Black Dahlia Murder CD in it, the case remaining on my desk was the BDM one!! So what does my stupid mind think? I'm hearing Lamg of God and thinking its The Black Dahlia Murder!!! I follow the tracklist from the Unhallowed case (both albums have 10 tracks) and I'm really enjoying this stuff!!! I am in fact amazed how quickly and unexpectedly Black Dahlia Murder grew on me!!!

So after the changer'ss been round a dozen or so times over a couple days, i'm firmly enjoying The Black Dahlia Murder's Unhallowed, or so I thought. Imagine my surprise and self-reproachment when I finally opened that CD tray for a change and saw the Lamb of God CD!!!!

DOH!!!!!!

Moral of the story; really shitty bands can sound awesome if you're just plain stupid!!

Hehe. A friend of mine who buys a lot of CD's sometimes ends up buying crap, but he forces himself to listen to it anyway and sometimes he gets used to it. Moral of the story: sometimes people force themselves to like something even if they don't like it at first because they read a good review and they believe written word.

Yeah man I'm loving BDM. Contagion and Closed Casket Requiem are such killer songs. You seen they're video for Contagion? Makes me really want to see them live, they seem like they got a lot of stage presence. Wierd thing about this band, I found out about them trough MTV2 (headbangers ball isn't so worthless after all)

so let me get this straight- you listened to Lamb of god- thinking it was the new Black Dahlia Murder- and thought it was derivative as hell. But when u listened to Black Dahlia Murder- thinking it was lamb of god, you thought it was pretty good.

I actually like the new Black Dahlia murder album- and I didnt like the new lamb of god, nearly as much as their first album.

So, maybe you should stop reading reviews etc, and decide on your own from now on.

Erm, no, you've got me completely wrong, on two counts. First, I have read no reviews of either album, I bought the Lamb of God (the FIRST one) on the strength of thier newest one which I love, and I got the black dahlia murder because I heard a song on the radio and thought it was interesting. Where did I say anything about relying on reviews??? :err:

What happened was I listened through the black dahlia murder album and found it tiring and derivative...so i basically forgot what the music was like. I then started listening to lamb of god, new american gospel, mistakenly thinking I was listening to the BDM album again, thereby forming a false opinion that I really liked BDM, when in fact I still think they're pretty boring.

i hated The Smell Of Rain by Mortiis when i first heard it. this guy that i used to work with kept telling me it was really good and all that shit. after giving it maybe 10 listens it really started to grow on me. now i absolutely love it.

i've also had bands that i hated when i bought them and then decided to give them a listen about a year later and then i'll think they're pretty cool.