Just read this on total rock....

Saxon Go Backwards » 18 Jan 06
Saxon are to concentrate on the classic albums 'Wheels Of Steel', 'Strong Arm Of The Law', 'Denim And Leather' and 'Power & The Glory' for their upcoming UK tour. Mirroring a recent tour of Germany, the band will only play songs from these records at: London Astoria April 23, Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall 24, Norwich Waterfront 25, Manchester Academy II 26. Get tickets via the ticket link at www.totalrock.com:OMG: what do people think????

thats a fucking shame, Lionheart is their best album so they should play songs from it.
I also think this sucks because there is no chance of them playing some underrated 90s stuff like Bloodletter, UTB, sea of life,circe of light.

I prefer their old stuff and it sounds very good that they are going to play only old stuff on their UK tour, it's just that I'm not there to see them :(

its going to be like a time warp come april , old stuff if fine by me , hope they play hungry years ..............and machine gun....and.....oh fuck it......play anything i dont care there isnt a bad song on them albums....well maybe two ....you can guess which

Ironic, considering only a short time ago Biff criticized O/D for playing all old stuff, saying they were living in the past - and now he's doing the same.
But - it is a great oppurtunity to see them play songs they might not normally play !

If saxon are going to be playing songs of them albums id be hoping that they pick songs that you really dont hear live very much.

But yeah like other Lionheart is a class album and for me the best album theyve ever done maybe they can throw in there Lionheart, and Man and machine.

But im sure whatever saxon songs they decide to play still be brill

If i was biff id play one hour of 80s set
30 mins of Lionheart set
and 30 mins 90s set

total 2hr set Job sorted everybody happy ( think )

I dont really mind what they play saxon is good all round as long as i am not to drunk to see them i wont really care.

WHAT?? Damn.

When I saw them supporting Motorhead's 30th Anniversary, I was hoping for some Lionheart tracks, but they played all the old stuff.

That was understandable as they had a 30 minute set, but now they are doing a headlining tour AND they have a fantastic recent album out...I really wanted to hear some of those songs live!

I mean, it will still be a great show - they can certainly rock purely based on their old albums - but a mix of material would have been great, especially as Lionheart is such a killer album!!

:( :(

having seen them in october , and the mind blowing set they played then i would be happy for anything they wanted to play, i guess the problem with playing the lionheart set is that its probably 2 1/2 years ago since they started work on that album and having recorded it, rehearsed it and played it live, a change was needed to make them still hungry and fresh , i dont honestly think that saxon are trying to promote lionheart anymore and this tour is souley for the fans , personally i cant wait

Lionheart747 said:
Saxon Go Backwards » 18 Jan 06
Saxon are to concentrate on the classic albums 'Wheels Of Steel', 'Strong Arm Of The Law', 'Denim And Leather' and 'Power & The Glory' for their upcoming UK tour. Mirroring a recent tour of Germany, the band will only play songs from these records at: London Astoria April 23, Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall 24, Norwich Waterfront 25, Manchester Academy II 26. Get tickets via the ticket link at www.totalrock.com:OMG: what do people think????
How can they not play Lionheart on St Georges Day,They have too.:headbang:

Its a shame Saxon are playing the old stuff again(as much as i like it).They have just done one of there best albums ever,toured it and the did the 25 year thing.Saxon dont need to live the past.As far as i am concerned any band thats brings out out an album every 2 years or so for 25 year should treat themselves and the fans with a bit more respect.Maiden,Motorhead and Priest all are still bringing out great albums and dont rely on the past.Yes i know Maiden just did it,but it was only 1 U.K. show.Motorhead did a 25th type show but played a set that covered all of there albums.
Rock City this year was a great gig but you could have guessed 90% of the set.The song that people went mad for were the ones we dont hear often.Pax about shit himself with happiness a couple of times as did i.
Whatever set Saxon play it will be great and i will moan as will the rest of that thet didnt play such and such thats why we are hardcore because we will go to see them whatever they play lets just hope they dont go down that nostalga road to often.

Actually there are two songs I would like to hear from their Killing Ground album... Hell Freezes Over and Rock is Our Life. Those songs are pretty good, too bad they didn't play those on Chronicles.