amon amarth uk tour

Its a pretty small venue, in the Cardiff Student Union building, similar in size to TJ's in Newport, if you've been there. Can't recommend any bars as I'm not a local, and only been there once for a gig; Celtic Frost/Kreator back in 2006. Can't remember the security, but we arrived late so there were no qeues to get in lol. It was a great gig anyway, I personally like smaller venues as you get to be closer to the bands/stage, Celtic Frost were awesome there, excellent atmosphere with their set (although thats probably due to the band/material lol).

As its a nightclub, they do have regular club nights after gigs if I remember correctly, there was some problems with set times in the Kreator/CF gig because they had to open up for the regular club night afterwards, so one of the opening bands (Watain) had to sit out of the gig. Can't remember the beer prices either, but I wouldn't imagine they'd be that bad, seeing as its a Student Uni bar!

Hey thanks for that - only 3 days to go - can't wait! Will you be going? If you are I'll buy you a pint!

Hey thanks for that - only 3 days to go - can't wait! Will you be going? If you are I'll buy you a pint!

hell yes! Not going to miss this for anything! Actually I might have to revise my 'small venue' statement, looking on their website they have a capacity of over a 1000 apparently! I can not, for the life of me remember it being that big.... maybe it was 'the green' clouding my judgement lol. Ah man, thanks for the offer, but I'm driving up!!! Sucks, but at least I won't have to wait on a freezing platform for an hour! Gonna be an awsome gig anyway.

Got them ages ago and was looking forward to see my fellow swedes but will unfortunately not be in town!

Thus, happy to give them to any Amon Amarth fan who wants to go instead of letting them go to waste. You will have to tell me how the show was though!

Got 2 tickets and you'll need to pick them up in Moorgate today (26/11/2009) as I'll be flying out of the country tomorrow.

Send me an email if you are interested; erik.jonsson@macquarie.com

Cheers
Erik

2h2med5.jpg

What a palaver. The ticket hadn't arrived from seetickets, so my mother phoned them, took two days to finally get through. They said I had to pick up the ticket from the venue's box office, so I went over, no ticket.

So, I went to Steel Wheels, the local record shop and payed £16.50. So now, my mother will have to phone up and get a refund from seetickets.

So, they just played a top-notch show in Norwich. Better response from the crowd than anyone could've anticipated.

*EDIT*

It was two in the morning. I can see clearly now.

I went to the Wolverhampton gig last night and Entombed went on stage about an hour after they opened the doors. There are no other support bands.

many heads on here goin to the scotland show? Headin over from Ireland, then headin to cannibal corpse the night after ;)

Err...this may seem bit of an odd question....but does anyone know how tall Johan Hegg is? We were having a few drinks before the gig in Cardiff last week and saw, what we thought, were Johan and Olavi. Now the trouble is they were dead ringers for them, but the one that looked like Johan just didn't seem tall enough - or does he just look taller onstage due to his build/hair etc? If anyone can tell me tall is really is it will confirm whether it was them or not.

Aye. he's hitting about 6'5", maybe a little bigger/smaller. Everything on that bastard is big. We compared beards and height over the summer, but he just left me with a small-man complex.

I give him a run for his money on hearty laughs, mind.

Amon Amarth were BRILLIANT last night:worship:notworthy the garage
is some venue the atmosphere was electric

2h2med5.jpg

What a palaver. The ticket hadn't arrived from seetickets, so my mother phoned them, took two days to finally get through. They said I had to pick up the ticket from the venue's box office, so I went over, no ticket.

So, I went to Steel Wheels, the local record shop and payed £16.50. So now, my mother will have to phone up and get a refund from seetickets.

Fail. I didn't even get a ticket. Just a stupid mark on my hand.

Didn't stop it from being an awesome show, but there must be some problem with whoever sends out AA's tickets. I had the same issue with the London show in March. Wasn't ordered with See Tickets that time, so it can't just be them. Got my Glasgow ticket okay because I bought it in the Tickets Scotland office.