just saw porcupine tree live... [28-03-03 \ cortemaggiore (I)]

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
...and guys, i was shoched yesterday night!

the setlist:

from in absentia
-blackest eyes
-trains
-the sound of muzak
-gravity eyelids
-wedding nails [extreme metal here]
-heartattack in a layby

from lightbulb sun
-shesmovedon
-hatesong
-russia on ice [simply marvellous]

from stupid dream
-even less
-pure narcotic
-tinto brass

from signify
-waiting

ok, yesterday was a perfect day. before the show i ate, with some people known at the moment, in the same restaurant where were PT and their crew. during the concert, i was in front of the stage, and i made some [24] photos i will make available as soon as possible. steven was very ill [flu], so he didn't come out from the tour bus to meet fans, but i recorded with a little tape recorder some interview with the session guitarist and colin edwin [did you know he comes from australia?], and also the man of the merchandising. i also recorded part of the show, but hey, that's a very raw recording...

at the end of the show, steven introduced the last song, a people from the crowd said "burning sky!!!!", and steven replied something like "this is NOT burning sky, a song that we stopped to play in 1942....". that was trains.

ok, don't need to say again that was one of my greatest experiences...

today i'm gonna see spiritual beggars, and on monday the gathering... that's life, but i have to find a quick way to earn something.

When I saw them a month ago or so, the setlist was also very generous, i think they played for nearly 2 hours!! :OMG:

Twas a bloody great experience, and to this...:
opethpainter said:
at the end of the show, steven introduced the last song, a people from the crowd said "burning sky!!!!", and steven replied something like "this is NOT burning sky, a song that we stopped to play in 1942....". that was trains.

...you lucky cunt, that is like my all time fav PT song!!! :headbang:

\m/

@opethpainter: cool! i'm glad to know you enjoyed yourself. the reason why i didn't come with you is i've only heard a few songs from pt and they're not my cup of tea, but to hear trains live would have been great.
see you again on another gig!

since nico16 wants to know about the spiritual beggars show, here's few words about that:

4 bands played yesterday: dozer, spiritu, clutch & SP, but i managed to see live just the last 2, because i had my own little concert before that show [i play the classical guitar]

clutch... they kicked ass... never heard them, but i liked them starting from the 1st riff they played. stoner\hard rock without compromises.

spiritual beggars were great too... in my opinion the problem with them was that the show was too loud, in a very little venue, and maybe that was the reason 'cos only few people were enjoying their songs... then i asked mr. amott about this, but he said that was perfect.

the tracklist:
-beneath the skin
-angel of betrayal
-young man, old soul
-wonderful world
-monster astronauts
-fools gold
-sedated
-killing time
-euphoria
-mantra

encores:
-blind mountain
-black feathers

i took photos of PT and SP... i'm also waiting for the live photos of the opeth show in milan...