I just saw PT live . . .

AlgaeScraper

stranger by the minute
Jun 26, 2002
Earth, for now
Visit site
. . . and they were amazing! Steven Wilson's guitar playing was great as were the vocals. All the guys were good, especialy Colin Edwin on bass. The visual show that went on the screens behind them was disturbing and fit perfectly with the music. Plus it was in a small venue with only a couple of hundred people in Boulder. What a great night!

everyone seems to like PT so much because their music is nothing less that great. listen well, my friend, if you have ever listened to this band. if you don't like it, i can't do anything to make you change your mind. of course, we all know [if not everyone, a lot of people for sure] this band because steven wilson worked with opeth. i'm waiting fot PT to come back in italy next year...

dark tranquillity's best effort? definitely "projector"

katatonia? boh!

hmmm....I'm going to see them on Monday...I'm basically just going because I want to know what all the hype is about (I've only heard one song so haven't been able to form a real opinion on them...)...they better be good! (the ticket was kind of expensive!)

I seriously need to see PT sometime. It seems they only play the Northeast and west coast. They definitely don't have a huge target audience in the South I'm guessing. I'd go to NYC to see them and probably will next time they are there. :)

I would listen to PT even if I wasn't an Opeth fan. As for those who found out about them through Opeth, that's great too. Who cares. There is nothing quite like finding some new music you enjoy and, if it can be through another band you enjoy, that's even better. IMO PT is amazing. They just rock. To naysayers, again, there is more to music than metal alone.

Oh and the concert was FREE!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Brooks
I"m still trying to figure out if you guys would still like or listen, or even give a chance to PT if there was no Opeth connection....

I listen to PT for the exact opposite reasons I listen to Opeth. I see PT as more of a cross between Floyd and a chiller, spacier Tool.

Excellent music that helps freshen things up from the usual "ggghrrrrrr howwwwwwwwwwh aaaaaaaaaa" that's normally playing. ;)

Originally posted by inferenzum
Why does everyone like PT so much? I can't get into it.

I don't know.... :confused:

Originally posted by inferenzum
By the way what are the best Dark Tranquillity and Katanonia albums?

for DT, I would say Projector easily, even if it's not the most representative of their style...

For Katatonia, I would say Brave Murder Day (in a doom/death style) and Tonight's Decision

2 great bands anyway... :cool:

I'm going to see PT on January 3rd, can't wait!!!
Have me ticket bought and everything.
I was wondering if they'd have any visuals, and now that that's cleared up, i'm more excited about this than ever!

Originally posted by Brooks
I"m still trying to figure out if you guys would still like or listen, or even give a chance to PT if there was no Opeth connection....

I started listening to PT before the opeth connection, but it wasnt until I heard more about PT from you opeth peeps that i really bothered finding out more about them.

Brooks - You say that like it's a bad thing. :err: Or maybe it's just me. Either way, It's all good! You wouldn't believe what band led up to Opeth for me if I told you. Hell, I don't believe it! Everything's related. But if I had to bet on it, I'd guess the odds of who heard of PT after Opeth compared to before are like 65/35.

Originally posted by Bleakest Harvest
I'm going to see PT on January 3rd, can't wait!!!
Have me ticket bought and everything.
I was wondering if they'd have any visuals, and now that that's cleared up, i'm more excited about this than ever!

Jan 3rd?? Are they playing in Ireland then? I didn't think the European tour was supposed to start until Feb/Mar? If they're playing in Ireland I'll be booking some plane tickets very soon!

Jan 3rd?? Are they playing in Ireland then? I didn't think the European tour was supposed to start until Feb/Mar? If they're playing in Ireland I'll be booking some plane tickets very soon!

Um...actually it's March 3rd. Sorry if I got your hopes up!