Just saw Opeth!!

arborist

The saw is family
Jun 1, 2003
Baltic, Connecticut
Visit site
I just got back from the Berklee show (I left before PT came on) and it was great! The band was amazing (shocker, right?) and it was pretty loud for a mellow set. Berklee has great acoustics so the sound was incredible. Mikael joked that they were going to play "More Than Words" by Extreme! Thankfully they didn't... If you can see Opeth on this tour I strongly suggest you do. A great show by an even greater band. OPETH RULES!!!

Reactions: nevershine
Too bad you left before PT - I never really knew about them until tonight, and they are incredible.

Opeth was just..................................Opeth. They are the cream of the metal crop (or any crop) from my standpoint.

I agree, everyone should stick around for the PT set to at least give them a chance. I had seen Opeth before so I knew what to expect(greatness). But I have to say that PT stole the show. You know how some people wish they grew up in the 70s so they could have seen Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd live at their prime? Well I think Porcupine Tree is as close as one can get to seeing a rock band that good live these days. I've never heard any band sound so good live. They even nailed the vocal harmonies! I'm still amazed at how they pulled off everything from Blackest Eyes to Russia on Ice perfectly. I bet they could do Opeth's Moonlapse Vertigo justice if they tried. But don't get me wrong, Opeth was awesome too. It was just such a great show by both bands.

I don't get why people would leave without seeing Porcupine Tree. I mean, if you have already paid for your ticket for both bands, why not stick around? You just might(read: most definitely will be) impressed.

i can't believe you left before PT came on! their set was better and more balanced that Opeth's. i loved the songs but playing all the songs off of Damnation was a bad idea. they should've mixed it up a little bit. they have plenty more mellow songs. i liked the second half of their set better, with Benighted and To Bid You Farewell.

then again i saw the show in NYC so i don't know if they kept the setlist the same :p

I don't regret leaving before Porcupine Tree came on at all. I'm sorry to offend, but I fucking hate them. I don't care how much I paid for the tickets ( I went alone and put the other ticket in my Opeth collection ) because Opeth was worth it. In case you are wondering why I don't like PT, it is due to the fact I hate Wilson's voice.