Just saw Opeth in Hollywood...

biggsy said:
Damn, I was gonna ask about how Axe was playing. Anybody been to a really recent show? If so, has Axe hitting his straps because I've heard he's sounding a LOT better and I'm really interested to know how he's doing.

Axe is playing well. Saw them in Mid September and he's only getting more and more comfortable. Extremely tight. I'm very much looking forward to him getting the studio and putting his own touch on some Opeth music.

Mr Samsara said:
Axe is playing well. Saw them in Mid September and he's only getting more and more comfortable. Extremely tight. I'm very much looking forward to him getting the studio and putting his own touch on some Opeth music.

YES! This is a huge thing in my mind whenever i think about the band. I hope they give him time to develope his style for the band.

And he sounded awesome when they came to Melbourne. Both nights he had the overheads swinging, he obviously is a hard hitter.

Nuk3m said:
YES! This is a huge thing in my mind whenever i think about the band. I hope they give him time to develope his style for the band.

And he sounded awesome when they came to Melbourne. Both nights he had the overheads swinging, he obviously is a hard hitter.

very good news, i know he's gonna wow us on the next album.

That's great to hear. I'm of the opinion that if we just give him a little time he'll be around Lopez's skill level and will bring a new facet to Opeth. Can't wait to hear his work in the studio either!