just saw opeth live :)

Man I am very depressed now. I was going to see them February 22nd I think at the Palladium but complications arose.

I had saw them In May 2003 at the NE Hardcore and Metal Fest and I'm sad to say that I don't remember it very well. You see, I am a broke and busy guy, and even though I go to concerts I haven't engaged in many "fests" and we decided to go early. Essentially, my friends and I stood in the same exact spot next to a guard rail for about 7 or 8 hours... we had not eaten or druken anything in the last 20ish hours, and about 80% of the matter in that place was Cigarette Smoke, and I don't smoke. Despite the leg pains and fatigue, it still kicked ass, and I DO remember that Opeth was fantastic. They opened with The Leper Affinity... good times.

yeah, I thought the first set list posted felt a little short. then again, so does the revised one. what with all the raving about an extended setlist for this tour and all. correct me if I'm wrong but in reality, it's going to be the same length as last years tour, just different songs? also I guess only 9 opeth songs add up to 2hrs+ anyway. not going to start raving about the setlist either just yet. :( TBYF is expected in keeping with the damnation tour correct? so the only other old songs are the moor and the drapery falls, as DoTF doesn't count cos they always play it. oh, and BWP. sounds like a rehash of last years tour with a few variations to me at this stage. then again, opeth is opeth! ^_^

but how was virgin black?

just typed a HUGE reply and page crashed. cbf retyping everything.

here's the full setlist ( i wrote it all down during the show):

Opeth, March 23rd Australian tour.
Adelaide.

Master's Apprentices -Deliverance
The Drapery falls -Blackwater Park
The Moor -Still Life
Windowpane -Damnation
In my time of need -Damnation
To rid the Disease -Damnation
Deliverance -Deliverance
To Bid you farewell -Morningrise
Blackwater Park -Blackwater Park
Demon of the fall -My Arms your Herse

(hope I didn't screw it up)

Fuck yea cant wait til 2moros brissy show !!!!!!!
i want me a tour shirt to match my damnation tour shirt from san francisco, and fuck me i cant wait to see TBYF live again:D:D:D

Ouch, no Orchid tracks. They're definately pushing the new albums more with this setlist, but I guess that's to be expected.

I'd preffer to see the Damnation tracks scrapped in favour of Godhead's Lament, April Ethereal etc. etc.

I just saw them (Sydney show).

I liked it, apart from the crowd. Good show.

(started with Masters Apprentice, ended with Blackwater Park, encore of demon of the fall. Included the moor, drapery falls (THAT FUCKING KEYBOARD SOUND?) and some others I can't remember already)

Edit: But no, I don't think there was anything from Orchird/Morningrise, which really bust my chops. Still, a good show on behalf of the band (Dungeon put on a good set, too)

@Ermin: I suppose I'd like to see D2 tracks scrapped as well, but in all honesty it's the D1 stuff that should be canned, since that's what they played last time, even though I missed it. :\ same with the two BWP tracks that were played last time. it would be nice to have them play something other than the moor off still life too. give me moonlapse vertigo or face of melinda any day! :D but yeah, some other stuff from orchid and MAYH too would be appreciated, but I guess you can't have everything and like I said, opeth is opeth! ^_^

A mate of mine would kill for Advent and Face of Melinda (obstrusive little bulky death-obsessed army reserves guy, you'll like him :lol: ). But yeah, I agree the D&D tracks need to be scrapped to make way for some more Still Life and MAYH material. I personally really want to keep The Moor and Blackwater Park on there though :) two favourites of mine. Oh btw I recall mikael saying that Moonlapse never turns out good when played live, so I doubt they'll ever play that.

But anyway, who cares!! we're seeing them and that's what counts. 3 days now.... 3 days....

I think their recent setlists are AWESOME and couldnt have been any better..

Come on guys, they MUST play some tracks from D&D.. ( even though i'd prefer MAYH or MOrningrise tracks ) but i think they do a very good job on mixing the tracks from other albums.

There not gonna play anything different guys, be thankful you are only getting 3 songs the same as last time they toured
I suspect the only reason Sydney got April Ethereal instead of TBYF was that it didn't go down that well in Adelaide.

Schism said:
I suspect the only reason Sydney got April Ethereal instead of TBYF was that it didn't go down that well in Adelaide.
Dude the crowd went fucking nuts :D
At least, I did :D

Shirts:
Tour shirt - $35
Old logo shirt - $35 (I think!)
Deliverance sleevy - $45
hoody - $65 (I think!)

Can't remember others.

Virgin Black weren't too bad. The bassist is boring as. The vocalist whines too much for my liking. Drums were good, guitars good also. In places the vocals are very very powerful. I would much rather have seen Chalice support again... but I'm going to see them tomorrow night at the O2 anyway for only $5 so it doesn't matter :D

Just got back from Melbourne...
Was very good...wish they played longer tho...
But im happy, and im too tired and ...tired to provide the set...so ill leave it up to someone else!
Thanks opeth for making my day!