Just some thoughts on my newer stuff

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I'm bored. Seinfeld doesn't start for another 20 minutes.

Ancalagon - First Age: Entering Legenda
Pretty good second tier release. I do enjoy it, tbh. I hope these guys release some more stuff, because they have the potential to unleash a great first ter album, like Hades did with Dawn of the Dying Sun.
B-

Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule
This one is not cheesy, really. Just epic orchestration throughout. I really, really like it.
A-

Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendant
Fun cheese. It's no SBUtIVToUT, but it's a good time. Won't listen to it too often, though.
C+

Ceremonium - No Longer Silent
Many in this forum should dig this US doom band. Mid paced doom, kinda like Winter and Dusk. A bit of black metal mixed in. Recommended.
B+

Pelican - The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw.
This ain't no Australasia.
B-

2005 Ford F-150 Lariat
I love this truck. It will serve me well.
A+

J. said:
Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule
This one is not cheesy, really. Just epic orchestration throughout. I really, really like it.
A-
A disc entitled "Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule" isn't cheesy? Come on...:D

Zod

General Zod said:
A disc entitled "Starfire Burning Upon the Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule" isn't cheesy? Come on...:D

Zod

The actual songs on the cd include "And Lo, When the Imperium Marches Against Cul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown"...

I shit you not, that is one song title!! Do they ever announce their songs before starting?? :tickled: :tickled:

Hell, by the time he names 5 songs, half the set is over!

Bal-Sagoth - The Power Cosmic
OK, still not as good as SBUtIVToUT.
B-

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Is this what people are talking about when they mention "post-rock"? This was pretty good, though I know it will require a ton more listens.
B (with much more potential)

Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
Gay.
F

Jesu - Heart Ache
Just when I was doubting that Heart Ache could be better than the self-titled, Heart Ache blows me away and shows me who's boss. Drenched in emotion with 40 minutes of beauty. Heart Ache is my favorite JK 'Godflesh' Broadrick release, ever. I've been playing it all night. Again, long live the new 'flesh.
A+