Just Started Playing Guitar and Need Some Suggestions

UnstoppableGore

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2007
Hey I just bought my first guitar, an ESP F-50, and I'm really into deathmetal. Some of my favorite bands are Nile, Cannibal Corpse and All Shall Perish. I've got the basics of guitar down, I know some chords and can read tab. So I just wanted some suggestions of good deathmetal songs that a beginner like me can learn.

DON'T GO ANYWHERE NEAR DEATH WHEN YOU START. Go learn some scales, strengthen your fingers and get used to the guitar before you tackle that shit. Learn some easy songs/riffs/whatever. Seriously.

yes, start small, if you wanna learn songs, i'd suggest learning songs from classic rock bands(zeppelin, boston, sabbath) first, just to get some of the basics down.

Hey I just bought my first guitar, an ESP F-50, and I'm really into deathmetal. Some of my favorite bands are Nile, Cannibal Corpse and All Shall Perish. I've got the basics of guitar down, I know some chords and can read tab. So I just wanted some suggestions of good deathmetal songs that a beginner like me can learn.

My only suggestion is to quit. We already have so many guitarists in this world. Why don't you play drums or something else? That's why its impossible to start bands because there are so many guitarists and not enough of other musicians. Besides, unless you dedicate your life to it, your not gonna be shit. I know I ain't shit I and have been playing for over three years. I didn't dedicate myself enough, and I regret it now. I'm not quitting, cause it would be pointless now.

However, if its just for fun go ahead and do what you want. If you want to be serious, you have to be from day one. People will tell you what you need to know. Watch, read, listen and learn, that's the only serious advice I can give you.

May I ask how old you are, just for reference? It will help explain a lot of things, and make my future responses easier.

Im 15 and thanks for your replys so far. But some of my friends already play the bass guitar and drums so I got a guitar. So thats why im not going to quit because I want to actually learn something instead of giving up on it because their is more then one guitarist in the world.

Yeah Gold was right, you really have to dedicate, like if you can't play something keep trying til you can. And stuff like that, and don't skip basics. Like scales and soloing riffs.