Just watched the Alive 2 DVD

his guitar went completely out. hense the reason he was not on stage untill the last verse of AIR. I just think it's cheap when bands do that. They could have put another song in place of AIR instead of going back and dubbing a lead in. That makes the recording studi instead of live.

Thrillho said:
his guitar went completely out. hense the reason he was not on stage untill the last verse of AIR. I just think it's cheap when bands do that. They could have put another song in place of AIR instead of going back and dubbing a lead in. That makes the recording studi instead of live.

HAHHA and you think MOMD is live?? there's a lot moer studio on that one than on alive 2!

spacebeer said:
HAHHA and you think MOMD is live?? there's a lot moer studio on that one than on alive 2!

Sad thing is, you seldomly come across a completely "live" record these days. DP's Made In Japan days are probably over.

johnnieCzech said:
Sad thing is, you seldomly come across a completely "live" record these days. DP's Made In Japan days are probably over.

Shit, when did you ever? Kiss Alive and Unleashed In The East are about as live as Destroyer and British Steel! Like you said, you'd have to go back to the early '70s to find LIVE, live albums. Made In Japan, Live At Leeds, Live At The Fillmore East (Allman Bros.). MIJ is one of the best albums ever! The versions of Highway Star, Child In Time, etc. destroy the studio versions! The whole band is awesome, but Gillan especially, gives an AWESOME performance!! Not too many singers could pull off what he does on Child In Time!

johnnieCzech said:
Thanx for mentioning "Made In Japan", brother! I think that one and "Live After Death" were the best live albums ever!!! Anyway, great DVD - the band kicked ass, the audience was fucking mad - thank you, New Jersey, the interviews were somewhat educating, Juliya (is it me or somebody also thinks that there is a "y" too many?)is as any incompetent journalist is a pile of crap, great set list with a few real antiques...
My question 'though is - couldn't they combine two units into one with a price let's say of $22-23 instead of making us coughin' up $27-30 for two separate units?
"I know I'll come from rags to riches..."

This was posted on Milano's boards, not sure if it's legit or not, but everything I thought Milano was full of shit about before has come true. If this is right it looks like Anthrax is gonna have to get part-time jobs to pay the bills.

ANTHRAX's 'Classic' Lineup Reunion Generates Little Retail Heat - Sep. 28, 2005
The reunion of the "classic" ANTHRAX lineup of singer Joey Belladonna, guitarists Scott Ian and Dan Spitz, bassist Frank Bello and drummer Charlie Benante appears to be generating little heat in terms of retail sales. "Anthrology:
No Hit Wonders (1985-1991)", has shifted just over 2,700 copies "Anthrology: No Hit Wonders (1985-1991)
The Videos" (both on Island/UMe), has shifted less than 950 units
Alive 2 (2005)" (on Sanctuary Records), which document the group's summer 2005 reunion tour, have sold less than 1,100

wtf? Is there a thread missing from the message board? did they edit the one about Bush officially saying he was out?

oh yeah, Alive 2 was really good. Got the dvd only. Someone above mentioned this, but I was hoping they would package it like MMD and put the cds and dvds together.

I know there was dubbing on MOMD. I wouldn't say there was more - I'm sure they went back and dubbed everything on both DVD's. It must suck to be the drummer - you can't really dub them in if ya fuck up.

I'm pretty sure Dream Theater does not dub - but they are the only currently active band I can think off. Oh - and Rush. I only say that because you can hear the mistakes on the live shit. Which I like. Makes me realize that the guys in DT really are human despite there uncanny ability to master their instruments.

Anyway, dubbing sucks, Milano is an asshole even if he is right for once, Kiss rules, and having to pay extra for the CD sucks.