Question about Alive 2 DVD

Nov 19, 2005
I just bought this last night. As I was watching it, I noticed that during A.I.R. Danny Spitz is nowhere to be found on stage. He walks out during the end of the song.

I figured he broke a string or something and they played the tune without him. They definitely did some overdubbing though---which I guess is normal---because he was nowhere on the stage, though there was still a lead track in the mix.

Did anyone else happen to notice this. It's not a complaint, just a curiosity. I thought the DVD kicked ass; it has a lot of energy. Looking forward to the NYC show. :headbang:

I'm pretty sure he was having problems with his guitar more than just breaking a string. Bit of a shit cause that song loses momentum. I was surprised they didn't just play the track again on the night.

I remember in Adelaide Sth Oz, the first verse or so of the Amoung the Living - Joey's mic wasn't working for some reason.

I could definately hear Dans guitar (whatever the problem was in Jersey, it was fixed by the Aussie tour)...

I was standing right in front of Spitz when this happened. His amp went out (go figure, he builds his own amps) and he walked off the stage. Def an overbubbed lead. I thought it was kind of lame they bothered to include this song on the DVD. Why include it when you could have thrown in a different song (lone justice, metal thrashing mad, antisocial, got the time) where the entire band was on stage together?

you go back later and dub it in.

trust me, there was no lead in the intro of AIR that night. I was standing right in front of Dan's rig and nothing was coming out. I heard more bass then anything - you know that means a guitar amp cut out, haha

yeah i noticed, its unlike me but i really dont care about the overdub because it sounds really awesome anmd it hink its the best song on the dvd (joey sings it almost fuckin' perfectly, not an easy song to sing either)

Thrillho said:
I was standing right in front of Spitz when this happened. His amp went out (go figure, he builds his own amps) and he walked off the stage. Def an overbubbed lead. I thought it was kind of lame they bothered to include this song on the DVD. Why include it when you could have thrown in a different song (lone justice, metal thrashing mad, antisocial, got the time) where the entire band was on stage together?

Problems can occur when you least expect/want them to. How many times has your computer crashed, yet you might be a guru on the PC and set it up yourself. Same with Dan's amp.

I think AIR is one of those tracks that needs to be on the disk (to me, it would be the same as not having Among the Living). Overdubs or not, the disk still sounds killer !!!!

Thrillho said:
you go back later and dub it in.

trust me, there was no lead in the intro of AIR that night. I was standing right in front of Dan's rig and nothing was coming out. I heard more bass then anything - you know that means a guitar amp cut out, haha

Sure, but I was wondering if they overdubbed in the studio or used a lead track from some other show.

OH! Well that I can't answer. I imagine it was a studio overdub, but, I don't know for sure. Using another shows tracks can be tricky, as drummers tend to play at slightly different tempos from night to night. Then again........it's Charlie...... so I dunno for sure.