I'm not digging the overdubs on the DVD

BionicWalta

King Of The Mexicans
Jun 5, 2005
Astoria, NY
www.everythingsruined.com
particularly when Dan Spitz had guitar trouble and was not even onstage during almost all of A.I.R. There was nary a lead to be heard at the show, and it was kinda cool like that.

Then to hear the obviously overdubbed lead put in...as well as other spots where he's doing shit with a wah-pedal and he's obviously nowhere near his wah pedal.

wackness. shoulda been more true to a LIVE document of the show...technical issues and all.

BionicWalta said:
particularly when Dan Spitz had guitar trouble and was not even onstage during almost all of A.I.R. There was nary a lead to be heard at the show, and it was kinda cool like that.

Then to hear the obviously overdubbed lead put in...as well as other spots where he's doing shit with a wah-pedal and he's obviously nowhere near his wah pedal.

wackness. shoulda been more true to a LIVE document of the show...technical issues and all.
I wasnt to happy with the overdubs either man. I would have dropped AIR from the DVD and CD and replaced it with something else where he was onstage. I felt bad though. their are some overdubs for joey too. oh well, no big deal anyway. all live albums have overdubs (KISS' Alive, Metallica's S&M, so on and so forth)

JohnThrax said:
I wasnt to happy with the overdubs either man. I would have dropped AIR from the DVD and CD and replaced it with something else where he was onstage. I felt bad though. their are some overdubs for joey too. oh well, no big deal anyway. all live albums have overdubs (KISS' Alive, Metallica's S&M, so on and so forth)
Actually alot of live albums don't have over dubs. I prefer to hear the technical issues or mistakes that were made. kind of adds to the whole live experiance. I also hate the fact that the Pantera cover was dropped. I think it was a new level? Wasnt Gung Ho also a part of the set??

AIR without the lead was kinda cool. And hey, shit happens, Danny had troubles.

Gung Ho wasn't part of the set in NJ, but LONE JUSTICE was! I'm super bummed that wasn't on the DVD, i love that song.

The lack of covers seems pretty simple to me: don't wanna pay any more royalties for em than they already are on other recordings. Besides, they do too many fuckin covers live anyway that could be filled with other old songs.

BionicWalta said:

Gung Ho wasn't part of the set in NJ, but LONE JUSTICE was! I'm super bummed that wasn't on the DVD, i love that song.

The lack of covers seems pretty simple to me: don't wanna pay any more royalties for em than they already are on other recordings. Besides, they do too many fuckin covers live anyway that could be filled with other old songs.
well, it was more of a tribute to dimebag more than anything else

BionicWalta said:

Charlie told me "Lone Justice" will be on the release in another country. I know, it still sucks.

"Antisocial" and "Got the Time" are on the CD release, if I'm not mistaken.

jdelpi said:
Charlie told me "Lone Justice" will be on the release in another country. I know, it still sucks.

"Antisocial" and "Got the Time" are on the CD release, if I'm not mistaken.
Got the Time is nowhere to be found... unless you're saying that it will appear on an overseas CD release. Makes me wish I would've preordered through Tower, 'cause I could've at least got the MP3. Oh well, what can ya do.