Kalisia - Cybion (OMFG!)

Iced Dog

The Stormrider's Pooch
Sep 29, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
www.facebook.com
Wow, one of the most interesting things I've heard...a very ambitious sci-fi concept album that defies categorization. Cybion is an amazing blend of heaviness, atmospherics, melodies, and technicality. Thanks to Ken for carrying this at Laser CD, I really wanna see this digipak. Kalisia actually has its own forum here at UM, but I figured it was worth posting here considering the eclectic group of members found in this place :)

Official
Myspace (scroll down and you'll see a different inline player)
Metal Archives review (pretty much sums up my thoughts on it)

I still need to pick this one up, but from the long sample they had on their site a couple years ago, this was DEFINITELY one of the more interesting bands I had heard in a while.

Yeah. This band caused quite a stir over on the GameFAQs Metal board when it first leaked. I ordered my copy of the double-disc digipak straight from the band in France. I love every minute of it. 10 or so years in the making really paid off! Highly recommended!!!

I like it, they are all over the damned place. The Cynic and Dream Theater covers are awesome, and that is one of my fav DT songs as well, and hearing an even heavier version of it is awesome. The best DT cover I have ever heard actually.

So I got the digipak yesterday...frikkin awesome. It's a nice double fold-out deal, and the booklet is huge...36 pages with cool artwork and tons of lyrics/storyline. And this a first, the booklet even has its own glossary :lol: But it's actually helpful to understanding the concept, so kudos to Brett and the rest of the band for putting together a fantastic package :kickass: All be warned though, this album is highly addictive...I may need to ultimately seek professional help :)

This album sounds very promising! Once I get a job I'm definitely going to purchase it (spent all my savings on my ProgPower Tickets :lol:). It'll be the first CD I've bought in 4 months!

Funny this thread should be bumped today. As I was driving home from work something really awesome came on the ol' ipod.... I had to look to see what it was (couldn't place it) and it was Kalisia. What a great album it is...:headbang:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've checked out the songs on YouTube and this sounds amazing. I want to order it but no one -- and I mean no one -- I can find has it. No eBay, no Amazon, no other music site I've checked. Even the band website indicates they are out of stock but are hoping at some point to get more. We'll see. Those of you who have this hang onto it because I suspect this was probably a one-time shot. Too bad so few were produced.