Kalmah-Throne Of Chaos-Ensiferum

I like Ensiferum the most out of all the bands that are being brought up. I really like Norther too even though they sound too much like CoB. Kalmah is pretty good, I like Swamplord better than They Will Return. I haven't checked out ToC yet but I was planning on getting thier CD when I make my next haul from The End.

I understand when people like a music genre they tend to go after similar bands ... although they may not be original at all ... and i hate copycats ...

Ensiferum - Nothing to do with cob, diferent league, very cool
Norther - COB copycat ... they should stick with doing covers of cob for a living
Throne Of Chaos - menace and prayer was a copycat .. and a booring one... pervertigo is booring also but more varied and original
kalmah - they have some originality...although nothing special here

Throne of Chaos rules, i dont care what anyone else says,, check out anything off of Menace and Prayer,, pervertigo is also great, just not bodom'ish

Kalmah also rules, great band, but if you like Kalmah you have to like Eternal Tears of Sorrow, they just go hand and hand in my eyes ;)

I discovered Kalmah on mp3.com right after I found COB appealing :) . It was great cause I would mention it to my friends and people on other message boards and they would be skeptical about them because "I've never heard of them." or the always great cynical view "It's on mp3.com.....it sucks" (most bands have an mp3.com page anyways).

I loved it and found swamplord at my local record store for only $21 and I was hooked. As soon as They will return came out, I jumped at the chance to get that, and I guess the popularity began to pick up as word got around because they've always had many copies of it at the record store.

btw people, watch out for Omnium gatherum....they're gonna be the next big thing, you can bank on it. Check them out at mp3.com, they just got a record deal, and even blabbermouth.net had the news of when their new album would be coming out, which surprised the hell out of me. They're from Finland too, sorta melodic death....sounds like Quo Vadis (monstrous double bass), and COB a little with some black metal in parts.

Kalmahs "they will return" is def not one of the best releases of 2002 imo, Ensiferum fuckin kicks ass. One of those cd:s I had on repeat almost 24/7 for a week when I first got it.

TOC I havent heard but a friend of mine told me bout em and I will check them out.

Kalmah kicks serious ass! i got into them after bodom. I guess they sound like bodom in some elements. but kalmah have their own style too. after getting into that new style i also got into catamenia and other symphonic black metal. Its all good.
Still, no one can touch bodom.