Kamelot-esque?

Larkhillv

Devil's Advocate
Feb 23, 2009
In a paper sailboat.
I was wondering if anyone knew any power metal bands that sound like Kamelot. I'm pretty tired of only finding bands that sound so overly flamboyant like Rhapsody, Hammerfall, and other generic bands.

Other power metal preferences are Blind Guardian and Pharaoh, if anyone has recommendations similar to those. Thanks.

Try Archetype... Their album "Dawning" is really good.

Also:
Falconer
Wuthering Heights
Nostradameus

May not be exactly like Kamelot, but those are power metal bands I enjoy.

Check out Keldian.

Also, if you just want to hear some badass power metal, check out:
Kiuas

Sabaton

Hibria

Powerwolf

Last edited by a moderator:
going to 2nd and 3rd the Keldian, everything.

Maybe some later Dark Moor, such as 'Tarot' and 'Beyond the Sea'.

Maybe Labyrinth - 'Freeman'.

Maybe some of Threshold's stuff.

Vanishing Point..anything, really.

Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse also has almost the same exact mix as 'The Black Halo' does. Although you said you didn't want Rhapsody, but this particular solo album is different and a bit darker. Though in relation to the generic comment I can't really see how HF and Rhapsody sound alike at all, but I can see how HF can be generic in a bad way. Anyway.

There you have it.

Other power metal preferences are Blind Guardian and Pharaoh, if anyone has recommendations similar to those. Thanks.
Obvious me being obvious but maybe try Demons and Wizards?

Hansi (singer from blind guardian) is the singer for Demons and Wizards, and Jon Schaffer (rhythm guitarist from Iced Earth) is the guitarist.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xG0etegv78&feature=related[/ame]

going to 2nd and 3rd the Keldian, everything.

Maybe some later Dark Moor, such as 'Tarot' and 'Beyond the Sea'.

Maybe Labyrinth - 'Freeman'.

Maybe some of Threshold's stuff.

Vanishing Point..anything, really.

Luca Turilli - Prophet of the Last Eclipse also has almost the same exact mix as 'The Black Halo' does. Although you said you didn't want Rhapsody, but this particular solo album is different and a bit darker. Though in relation to the generic comment I can't really see how HF and Rhapsody sound alike at all, but I can see how HF can be generic in a bad way. Anyway.

There you have it.

Turilli's Prophet album is darker than Nordic Twilight, but it only has the same mix because Paeth and Miro oversaw the production. It really isn't very similar music. Rhapsody (and Turilli in general) possesses a much more general "power metal" sound than Kamelot.

Yeah. I still thought it would be appealing though.

It's funny how it has not only the same mix but nearly the same rhythm guitar tone, drums, and everything. Paeth likes a certain sound, but I haven't heard any other two albums he's done sound *that* similar. But it works.

Ooh, thanks for the recommendations. I especially enjoyed Kiuas. I'll have to look into them.

Also, I already have bothe D&W albums, but thanks for the recommendation =)