American Power Metal

Acdcpwns

Jan 3, 2009
Anyone know any good american power metal bands, i've been listening to a lot of primal fear, manowar, sabaton, jag panzer lately and i was wondering if anyone new some other good american power metal bands (i dont mind euro power metal but id rather go without the over polished/keyboard mystical sound that comes with it)...i also hate growling so yeah...thanks in advance

Well, Sabaton is Swedish (and extremely keyboard-laden at that), and if you like them you should totally check out Powerwolf. Their newest record (Bible of the Beast) is one of the best power metal albums I've heard recently.

For American power metal, check out:
Iced Earth
Twisted Tower Dire
Virgin Steele
Kamelot

There are traditional heavy metal acts that would probably be worth your time too, like Omen or Manilla Road.

ya thanks sabatons guitars imo are a little more american then others but thanks for the suggestions ive heard a bit of iced earth but didnt get into them much and same with manilla road

Cage, perhaps? They're a bit more modern like the bands you mentioned, but not at all flowery.

ya cage is good i like them, i guess i kinda lean towards traditional metal but i guess im looking for newer bands that are influenced by older bands like priest and stuff but adding their own modern touch.