Need some kickass power metal

HELL YA!
Great song-with vocals by Urban Breed, who is now in Pyramaze (Barlows replacement). They sure find great singers.

There's a lot of good recommendations here as far as 1 and 2 are concerned, but most of the vocals of these bands aren't doing it for me. Clean vocals need to be deeper and less lame.

So far of the recommendations, the best have been Sabaton, and Kiuas. I actually don't mind the semi-harsh yell/shout style vocals of Kiuas and I think they work very well.

FALCONER. (Although do not download anything from Scepter of deception or grime vs granduer, different singer)

His voice is amazing and isnt cheesy as fuck. If you want epic, grab the track Dreams and Pyres off their newest album. It is radically different from their other stuff however.

Their self titled and Chapters From a Vale Forlorn are incredible albums, and my favorite of all metal. Can't go wrong.

If you don't like Lord of the Blacksmith, The Clarion Call, Mindtraveller, Dreams and Pyres, or Field of Sorrow then you might not like them. (I also love Upon the Grave of Guilt. You can find most of these on Youtube.

Tad Morose is badass
fucking THIS

Kiuas are fucking awesome, but I don't know if they'll fit your criteria (kind of harsh vocals).
and fucking THIS

From Tad Morose get Matters of the Dark, vastly better than Modus Vivendi.

Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder pretty much fits the description. Powerful, epic choruses, muscular guitar tone, crunchy riffs, etc. You'll need a high tolerance for cheesiness, but it's good stuff.

Avantasia's The Metal Opera pt 1 is great, variety of vocalists but all fairly strong voices aside from Kiske. Sammet in particular is a great vocalist. Great riffing etc.

Try Dark Empire. Humanity Dethroned is a mix of power and thrash metal. Power metal vocals, very strong. Some growls/screams but not too much. Good stuff.

dont recommend him euroPM he obviously wants the USPM scene

You've clearly never heard matters of the dark, it fucking thrashes.
And Dark Empire aren't European. That Hammerfall album fits his request as well.

Iced Earth

Blind Guardian

Demons and Wizards

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate most power metal for obvious reasons but some real great releases are:

Symphony x - Divine Wings Of Trajedy
Axenstar - Far From Heaven

Didn't read the thread, but Blind Guardian and Magic Kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator: