Need some kickass power metal

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Looking for some good new power metal, these are the traits I'm looking for.

1) Must be epic as hell, and feel undeniably like power metal, symphonic is nice, but not required.
2) Must be heavy, sure it's power metal, but it's fucking metal, there's gotta be some force and weight behind those guitars.
3) Clean vocals, screaming or growling in power metal doesn't do it for me, it's okay if they're in it a bit, but clean vocals should be the norm. Also no lame clean vocals that sounds like a guy who had his balls cut off, vocals can be clean and be badass sounding.

Please avoid giving me a huge list of bands that don't really fit my criteria, just give me a few bands that are the closest match.

Lost Horizon immediately comes to mind. Though I wouldn't consider the vocalist lame, someone else might.

Seconding Sabaton

Hibria
Pyramaze
Human Fortress
Falconer

Kiuas are fucking awesome, but I don't know if they'll fit your criteria (kind of harsh vocals).

There's a lot of good recommendations here as far as 1 and 2 are concerned, but most of the vocals of these bands aren't doing it for me. Clean vocals need to be deeper and less lame.

So far of the recommendations, the best have been Sabaton, and Kiuas. I actually don't mind the semi-harsh yell/shout style vocals of Kiuas and I think they work very well.

I second Pyramaze.

Your clean, deep and unlame vocals are provided amazingly by Mr. Matt Barlow on Pyramazes latest "Immortal". This effort was a one-time only collaboration with Matt, but they made a metal masterpiece with this one.

A Beautiful Death refering to the movie 300...heavy and epic as hell!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srWmsILIZ-Y&feature=related[/ame]