Need some kickass power metal

Didn't read the thread, but Blind Guardian and Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom

I'd been considering getting that for a while based merely on them being on Limb Music (killer European power metal label, btw), as everything I've gotten from Limb has been seriously awesome. Now I think I will.

i just ordered the new Iced Earth and also the Hammerfall covers album "Mastrepieces",has anyone out there heard these yet and if so what's the verdict,i know i'm gonna love the new Iced Earth,hell i loved the last one with Ripper

I can't stand Hammerfall. They sound as though they should have this huge bombastic sound, but their singer's voice is really pathetic (I think). One of my least favorite bands. I actually don't know why they're given so much credit.

Joacim always sounded fine to me. His voice sounds very strong on Crimson Thunder.
I think the 2 albums to hear from them are Crimson Thunder and Glory To The Brave (also, both are very different).

I can't stand Hammerfall. They sound as though they should have this huge bombastic sound, but their singer's voice is really pathetic (I think). One of my least favorite bands. I actually don't know why they're given so much credit.

i agree. this band is pure borefest to me. i also can't stand his vocals

Wuthering Heights show how kickass powermetal should sound